This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not the best way to start the day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not the best way to start the day
    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:57am
certainly not the best way to start the day.  every lug bolt broke??? about 1/2 a mile from the house on a hillside....at least I didn't roll down the hill.lol

Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Skidder?
Now I see. Backhoe.

Edited by exSW - 21 Jul 2019 at 10:08am
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:21am
yea it's an old worn out d17 with henry loader and hoe....anybody have some lug bolts laying around they ain't using?

Edited by dt1050 - 21 Jul 2019 at 10:22am
Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:44am
How many do you need  I probably have 200 laying around here.
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:19pm
I'll have to count, but all of them for the left rear and few spares..
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:47pm
If you get tired of that old machine, you can always drop it off at my place🤔
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

If you get tired of that old machine, you can always drop it off at my place🤔

sorry, allisbred, it's gotta lot of work to do yet....lol, 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm
Owwwuch! Hate it when that happens...

Well, at least it wasn't on a highway...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:31pm
At least you got the equipment there to jack it up. Ps if you didn’t get hurt it is a good day
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:04pm
Going home and sleeping in your own bed is the true definition of a good day. In my simple opinion, of course.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm
At the end of the day.
A hot shower
A cold beer
A warm woman.
One outta three ain't bad!
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by exSW exSW wrote:

At the end of the day.
A hot shower
A cold beer
A warm woman.
One outta three ain't bad!

I am at 2 out of 3 now.
But before I say anything to the make redhead mad/flaming hot , I will need to put on my welding gloves and get ready to run if needed.
dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:24am
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Owwwuch! Hate it when that happens...

Well, at least it wasn't on a highway...Wink

Dave, while this didn't happen on the highway...thank God, on friday we drove about an hour to get a few 200 pound pigs.  5 miles from the house going down a steep grade the trailer came unhooked hit the back of the jeep, then hit the curb/embankment and flipped on it's side....A state cop was just up the road and with his help and a few others we flipped the trailer back on it's wheels and made it home. trailer looks a bit rough and the rear bumper of the jeep isn't quite factory, but nobody was hurt and the pigs all survived with out injury...

I agree with ya all, if ya make it home in one piece it's a good day.  Of course when something like this happens I get really Censored off.  the next day I normally just shake my head and chuckle.  when your trying to farm a hillside with old equipment this stuff happens...lol

I could probly use about 12 of them lug bolts.  thanks dt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic