This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for 3 point for WD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for 3 point for WD
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:58pm
I am looking for a point attachment for my WD to run a bushhog. I don't have $400-$600 for a new one. Any help would be appreciated! :)

ALSO - The WD I have is my great (x2) grandfathers. He has a hydraulic line to the rear as well as a cuppling or something on the rear arm. (see picture) Any idea on what attachments he would have ran back in the day? This was a working on our family farm, so curious as to what all he did. :) 

Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:42pm
A trailer type mower might be the easiest

The hydraulic connection is for a 'one-way' cylinder, ie will only lift an implement
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:51pm
That addition to the rock shaft, is where you can hook up a top link for  3 point hitch. Maybe center it first.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:24pm
CTucker - Thanks, but... :) What do you mean top link for a 3 point hitch? What kind of implement would need that? 
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
Thanks Michael. Isn't the arms for lifting and lowering an implement? For instance, a plow or bush hog, etc...? 
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 5:42pm
I have top cast piece for 3 point. Ryan 402-469-1738
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
The lift arms are for proprietary AC equipment,although there were after market implements made for AC

Aftermarket 3 point adapters are available, some work better than others, and some have made their own...
I always thought the Saginaw 3 point were about the best, but they are no longer made, you might find one used, otherwise, it's whatever is out there...contact Jim D, at OK tractor,or Tony's they both have a ad on the parts and supplies page

I do have one,but I do not know what brand it is...I would sell it, but shipping would be expensive...its heavy!

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 15 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Hockeyman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hockeyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:27pm
I too have been devising a way to make a 3 point for my WD... I like the Cross Mfg idea that bolts up to the draw bar.  Takes advantage of traction booster.  I'm going to make the draw bar piece.

The lift arms I'm thinking of sourcing from A&I... Part#'s  A-D0NN555C and A-D0NN555D. 

Just need to come up with the top link and lift arm links to the WD arms...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:46am
Originally posted by bhaynes bhaynes wrote:

CTucker - Thanks, but... :) What do you mean top link for a 3 point hitch? What kind of implement would need that? 

ANY 3 point equipment needs a top link, called an upper link in this drawing between B1 and B2.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Schmiedeler/publication/228398759/figure/fig5/AS:668492751704067@1536392500314/Components-of-the-three-point-hitch-Adapted-from-ASAE-Standards-2001.ppm

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 16 Jul 2019 at 7:51am
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 11:11am
One of my 45's came with a really simple made after market 3-pt. on it. Probably wouldnt be hard to duplicate. ---- Can get pix. if it would help anybody. thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 12:09pm
Thanks Ryan, 

Can you send me a picture? 
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:14pm
ac fleet could you post pics on here or send some to me?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm
AC Fleet - that would be great! 

The cupeling on the arm I don't think is for a top link. The top links I have found don't go into a hole. I loosened the bolts to center and also noticed it is welded together! AND the hole is angled to the left and not centered. (if looking straight on). Not sure what he would have used that for? It has a serial number on it too. the other two brackets are also on there perm. I would have to bend them unusable to get them off. Not sure what they are for either. LOL
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 9:30pm
What about a post hole digger? Anybody?? :)
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:36am
Will get pix. later today and post them for you guys. This is a simple strong made hitch and not hard to make.
Heat index here right now 109* ---kinda has me down! You guys getting heat yet?
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm

Here are a few pix. of the hitch on one of my 45's. Simple made and strong. I am going to make one for another 45 using this idea, so you should be able to copy it too. thanks; ac fleet
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:11am
Originally posted by bhaynes bhaynes wrote:

The cupeling on the arm I don't think is for a top link. The top links I have found don't go into a hole.
the other two brackets are also on there perm. I would have to bend them unusable to get them off. Not sure what they are for either. LOL

The coupling is not FOR a top link,  but could be used for it, with a bit of imagination.
 The two brackets on the sides look like a simple strap clamp and if they aren't welded to the rock shaft, could be loosened and moved without damage, or just cut off and pitched in the scrap pile. JMO

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

Here are a few pix. of the hitch on one of my 45's. Simple made and strong. I am going to make one for another 45 using this idea, so you should be able to copy it too. thanks; ac fleet

That is the exact same 3 pt adapter that I have, I have what I believe is the original top link..what I didn't like,was the drawbar has to be completely removed...
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 4:00pm
Thanks AC Fleet! This is the back of mine. Looks like it already has some of it? Just need a top link and maybe longer bars at the bottom with the links? (if that makes sense) 

- Sorry for the pictures being sideways. Not sure why the website does that? Anyways....

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:40pm
I have one like AC fleets except it turned 90 deg and you can leave the drawbar on. I copied it for my brother it uses Ford lower links there avaliable almost any where and homemade lift links that attach to the snap coupler lift latches. By the time you buy the lower links and lift links you might as well spring for a whole setup. The WD 45 I use for 3 pt equipment has a wishbone one from Tony's tractors. I think it works better. My other WD 45 has the shop made one the links and lower arms are hanging in the shed. The good thing about it is when I need it it takes about a minute to pin it on. The cross bar stays on the tractor all the time.
bhaynes View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:48am
CTucker - I wonder what that main coupler was used for? Whatever it is, it can slide but is welded shut/together. The hole is angled to the left slightly. Unfortunately, my grandfather isn't in a mindset anymore to remember and everybody else has since passed that had anything to do with the tractor. 

My grandfather did say he knew there were still old attachments for the tractor and an old hay trailer in the family barn. I plan taking a road trip (about 2.5hrs drive from my house) and go scavenger hunting. . . :)
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:32am
I think you could re-engineer this design so you could leave the regular drawbar on if you wanted/needed it to stay on. I just use a cross bar in the lift arms for what little I use the regular drawbar on mine.
Also on one of my wd's the 3-pt adapter on it hooks into the snap-coupler. It then goes out in a sort of vee then back to the lift links. I was told it was factory made, BUT I think more like shop made as I never seen one like it before. It also is simple made.
Arms from old ford tractors do work on these without any problem if you can find some of them.
For the most part with some time and a few parts it's not that hard to put something together that will work. thanks; ac fleet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic