This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faith restored in the younger generation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faith restored in the younger generation
    Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:10am
We have a couple new employees at the chemical place where I work. Both 21 year old men. The one is the new full time warehouse manager, and the other is a college student just working as the assistant warehouse guy for the summer. Now it seems that in this day and age, finding one good young worker is a crap shoot, but to get two of them is a rarity! I never seen work ethic like these two fellas have. They will show up to work a half hour early before they'd be five minutes late. They catch right on to every task they are assigned. Both have good attitudes and are pleasant to work with. They are always cleaning and organizing the warehouse without even being asked to do so. They've started doing some daily chores that have kind of went by the wayside in the past due to, quite simply, no one taking the time to do them. Both do an amazing job of running the forklifts. Makes my job way more pleasant. Darrel
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:15am
Good deal Darrel. There are some good young people out there, but they are tough to find. Glad to hear they are doing so well.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:17am
be sure to say THANK YOU to them both !!!
TWo diamonds in therough is really,really rare !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H (NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:30am
Darrel Be sure and let them know what you think about them.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:48am
Your lucky. Somewhere there is a couple villages missing there idiots...he keeps showing up where I work!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm
Yes that is amazing and to be able to hire 2 of them that really different.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:28pm
Are you sure they are from this planet?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:44pm
Bet they were both farm kids and probably FFA members. Anyway thank them both for their work ethic and for doing a great job. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
Im4racin where I work Chicago is missing a whole bunch of village idiots.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
I think it all depends on the Parents and Upbringing... I remember 25 years ago when son got a job at the local Grocery stocking shelves and cleaning... Comes home and tells me.." they hired 3 of us and there is only enough work to last for 2 hours a day... lot of setting time"........... I said, BOY, they didn't hire you to set on your ass. When you get done with what THEY want, then get a broom, dump the waste basket, wash the windows, etc... Big question mark on his face.............. 3 week later, he says  " guess what dad, the other 2 guys don't work there anymore".......... I said YEP... sometimes its just a test to see what you are WORTH and what you can DO !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:11pm
Steve..........Thumbs Up

Darrel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a new guy (21) and already he's the warehouse manager??  That's a BIG step for a youngster.  He musta shown some potential to start with.
Yes, there IS hope.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
LaverneDejardin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaverneDejardin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 12:22pm
I want to say that I do not agree that faith is restored in the younger generation.
LaverneDejardin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaverneDejardin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 12:24pm
At present, many young people categorically do not accept religion: they do not attend services, do not pray, and do not believe in God. On https://firstchurchlove.com, I read an article that said the youth segment includes one in six eighth-graders, one in five tenth graders, one in four twelfth graders, and one in three college students or young adults between the ages of 18 and 24. The emergence of such an unprecedentedly large number of young people completely disconnected from religion may mean that America will have even fewer believers and abandoned churches in the not too distant future.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 12:48pm
they can't be from CA!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:38pm
3 year old SPAM
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:46pm
at the beginning I thought I have seen this before... de ja vu...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by LaverneDejardin LaverneDejardin wrote:

At present, many young people categorically do not accept religion: they do not attend services, do not pray, and do not believe in God. On https://firstchurchlove.com, I read an article that said the youth segment includes one in six eighth-graders, one in five tenth graders, one in four twelfth graders, and one in three college students or young adults between the ages of 18 and 24. The emergence of such an unprecedentedly large number of young people completely disconnected from religion may mean that America will have even fewer believers and abandoned churches in the not too distant future.

Hey spammer sounds like you need to address why your church is running the youth off!! I’ll pray for the children you shoved away from God!

I know it doesn’t matter but this jerk just made me reread a 3 year old post.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:36pm
The Biden twins Hunter and Punter??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic