This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre series d-17?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm
If anything,a loose plug wire will make a hotter spark at the plug electrode but  I'd bet you couldn't prove it on a dyno. Loose fit VS snug.
Sponsored Links

Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Matt,
 Loose plug wire shouldn't cause a serious problem. Assuming the plugs are good. Is it running rough?
Regards,
 Chris

It seams to sound like it misses a bit but all my ac tractors do this...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm

I'm wondering why I have what seems like a supply and return line on my d-17 in these two pictures it shows the rear and then the side of the tractor where the lines go into? anyone seen this before or is this how all of them are?
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:37pm
They all have them. They original were both steel. Your rubber hose is a replacement
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:00pm
Ok, but a d17 is a power raise only correct with no hydraulic power down?
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 1:47am
Those lines are for a hydraulic cylinder on the implement.

Quick couple is pressure and the rubber is the return line.
Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 2:15am
So this system of pressure and return line is what benefit compared to let's say my CA with only a pressure line?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 7:06am
Someone has added that to the tractor so that they could connect a two-way cylinder and have a breather for the second hose thru the tractors hydraulic sump. No advantage over the D-14, except you can use a two-way ram with no modifications.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:17am
Matt,
 Your D17 has about the same patina as mine. I see you have the top link attachment added. Looks similar to what I built. I found that I would have liked to have my eyelets up on the top allowing a couple more inches for the top link. I could barely get my brush hog hooked up.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic