This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen checkbook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen checkbook
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:46pm
Yep some low life cabbaged on to mine 15 days ago. I got the account canceled at the bank. Opened a new account. I had to transfer several accounts to the new account. These are auto pays for health insurance and automatic payments coming into the account. My military guy up town that signed me up for military disability payments gave me an 800 number and told me to call it on Wednesday. They are supposedly less busy on Wed. It only took me 45 minutes on hold to get ahold of a little old gal. Then it took another 20 minutes to get the account transferred over to the new checking account number. You will need your old account # and the new account number + answer a few questions that were very hard to hear. Anyway - got er done.
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:49pm
I hope you got the account closed before the checks started being used.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:53pm
Yes Brian, all canceled. There were only 5 cks left in the book.   I have a case number from the cop shop. I'm guessing it was a young kid. It took just over 2.5 hours to do all the changes.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 7:59am
Not sure a young kid would know what to do with a checkbook! LOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Not sure a young kid would know what to do with a checkbook! LOL

Wink Ant that the truth,must take more effort to put a real pen to paper than scratch on the plastic screen.Confused But since I don't debit LOL maybe you don't even do that. Just depend on the computer god to look out for you. Confused

Confused Don't know how widespread but RABObank didn't even look at the signature on some checks.Confused And how ......Confused dumb was the crook that they didn't even try to use the name on the account.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:17pm
Years ago I had to sit my now-ex down and explain to her that her account that I added to monthly for household expenses was tapped out, and not to write ANY checks until I could transfer some funds.
She actually said, and I could not believe it, "but I still have checks in my checkbook".
Yeah, can you guess what eventually pushed the marriageoff the cliff?
Had quite the mess to clean up on my credit report after the divorce as found multiple charge cards from Sears, JC Penny, etc.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
A couple years ago, ~23 year old was one of the employees under my supervision, was changing companies.  They were asking him for a voided check to set up direct deposit.  He asked me, what do they mean?  They want a pay stub?  No....I explained to him what they meant.  Now this kid had put himself through an associate degree and owned a house by this time, and had never written a check in his life!  Didn't even order checks for his account!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:20pm
Think I noted this before, little girl 18, 20 maybe, Her Mom has her in the bank to Open a NEW account for her to use in College for bills, would get a debit card. Fills out the paperwork, HAD NOT had any personal account prior. So am sitting there, hear "no honey, you are required to SIGN a Signature Card", she had printed her name, DID NOT KNOW HOW to make Cursive letters.

Took another twenty minutes of tears and frustration to 'Make a Mark' that she could make and would always be similar for her 'Signature'. Almost felt sorry for her, Almost.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:45pm
What I get a kick out of is when they talk about us not having a clue. Well I still seem to be able to learn and use common sense, so I guess I'll go without the clues and still be better off.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:33pm
Tom, im guessing by Monday you will find the OLD checkbook setting on the dash of the NEW TRUCK..... It SUCKS to get old !!.. CRS ! Thumbs Up

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Jul 2019 at 4:33pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:54pm
Steve I sure wish that were true, but the new ride came home from the dealership at 6.00 tonight. Actually let the old gal drive it home while I drove the van.   I'm gonna order a set of beauty rings and inner rear fender liners tomorrow. Got a guy in town gonna put some not so "wild child" stripes on the side of it. Old gal set me up on blue tooth thru the radio. Dang push a button and you can talk AND pay attention to where your going. Gotta get 1 of them for the Winnebago.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 12 Jul 2019 at 11:27am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:59pm
Sounds like a GREAT RIDE !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:32pm
and....where's the pics?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:40pm
Sez the guy who won't allow pics of himself or get his old lady, er loving wife to post them.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:27am
Grand son will be home from vacation this weekend or first of next. I won't have the stripes on it for a while. His gotta order them made. Might get him to post pictures. I asked about posting pictures but didn't understand a thing they said. Will get grandson to translate it.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Sez the guy who won't allow pics of himself or get his old lady, er loving wife to post them.
That's a BIG 10 - 4
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

Will get grandson to translate it.
AMEN to that!!!  Those kids know how to do ALL of that by the age of conception I think....
The BAD part is that they FIX it, but tell you SO FAST while doing it, that I still haven't a clue after the 3rd or 4th time....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:48pm
But they still don't know how to change the oil, tire or spark plugs...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:41pm
John Co,   this young man knows and does it all the time. Changes his own oil, uses my tire machine to fix and change his tires. He put 2 new tires on his 4 wheeler the other day, repairs his own carburetors, does the plugs etc. Now I gotta teach him how to plow, cut rake and bale hay etc. He help build new fence, now he wants to buy a few calves plus start working for the coop. Dog gone that means we gotta build another 40 rod of new fence. Hope it cools off soon.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:26am
Hey Tom that's great, and calves is better than goats ehhh. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 10:17pm
Looks like I'm not the only guy that had his Ck book stolen. Several business have had theirs stolen too. None of mine have been cashed, but not so with the business's. These folks are going to the small towns around here and writing checks at small businesses getting cash back. Hope the scum get life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic