This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reccomend a tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reccomend a tractor
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:29pm
Hello everyone. I currently run a slightly built allis wd in antique pulls. I am looking to setup a tractor for what the club I pull with calls "out of the field" this is a small club with only a handful of rules. This is copied right out of the rulebook and is all there is

OUT OF FIELD FARM STOCK:

TURBOS ARE ALLOWED

RADIALS ARE ALLOWED

5 MPH MAX

20.8 X 38 MAX

AS LONG AS TRACTOR MODEL CAME OUT IN 1975 & OLDER – OK TO PULL
OUT OF THE FIELD FARM STOCK CLASSES: 7500, 8500, 9500, 10500

With this in mind I am wondering what would be a good tractor for this. I would like to be able to use the tractor potentially in the field as im looking at purchasing some land within 5 to 10 years. Being young enough to never have used any of these tractors my knowledge base is limited. Thank you all for your suggestions
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:35pm
The mighty 190 XT series 3!
Allisplumber View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allisplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:06pm
The 200 is a good choice too , I pull mine in 8500 up to 10500 , have Ed set you up wth a pump and injectors and bigger lines , you don’t need to put much of a bigger turbo on it , better if you keep it small and run a tighter housing on it to keep the motor alive at lower rpms , 301 heads don’t move air very good so this combination works great for me
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:29pm
The 190 XT and 200 are good tractors, but they are small blocks. 

You would have to put any of the big blocks on a diet, but the 426 has a lot more power potential than the 301. D-21, 210, 220, 7030, etc would have much more potential.
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
I'd go with a D21 on a diet. You get the 426 that way and you can still use it if needed if your just pulling 5mph classes.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:42am
210 on a massive diet ,new front bolster and axel , remov all three point hitch , pressed steel wheels on rear . If you unbolt everything you take off and save it .... when you do decide to buy land you can put it all back on or just buy another tractor to farm with
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:57am
Dollar wise I think 190 or 200 would be the way to go especially with a pump from Ed. I am not pulling only working land and baling hay but Ed’s pump on my 200 really woke it up and we went conservative with the setup. I think with the initial purchase price difference of a D-21 and 200 you could do more with 200
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic