This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting the new pickup on thursday evening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting the new pickup on thursday evening
    Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:12pm
I'm still waiting on UPS, US Mail, or Speedy to deliver several of those rusty old cans of money from good ol shameless. 3 or 4 outta be enough. Smiley face goes here.   Only the 2nd new vehical I have ever bought. I have been lucky though. The last 10 or so, I have bought wholesale. Not this one. Guess it helps when you work'd at a car dealership. We decided to get rid of 3, a dodge mini van with 250000 miles on it, my 05 1/2 ton 2x4 CHevy with 260000 miles on it and the ford camper with 46000 miles on it. That will still.leave me with 4 to keep up the license. I'm hoping this pickup has a 2 speed transfer case in it. If it does I can tow it 4 wheels down behind the motor home. Some only have a single speed case, can't tow those behind a motor home.   
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:25am
congrats! you can always put the truck ona trailer and pull it behind. saves on unneeded miles
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:23pm
Dog gone its got the single speed transfer case. Looks like we'll be towing this 07 Chrysler van. Old gal and I been washing chickens all morning. Grand son is on vacation in Yellowstone and won't be back till Friday. We gotta have them at the fair grounds today at 6.00 pm. Some of these broilers don't have very many feathers on them. I hope that doesn't count against them. Is think the fewer feathers on them the better it would be. Its his next to last FFA project. This kid aint afraid if work, kinda happy to do it for him.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
Damn Tom, you need fleet insurance like me with all the vehicles!  LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:51am
Tom, next time use the Gentle cycle on the washing machine....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 6:26pm
I got to drive it today. At 55 mph it seems like you are creaping along. It ran 22+ mph on I80 today. Took the grandson to his county fair. The kids were "selling" their livestock today. Actually not selling it. Folks were bidding on the kids work today.   I saw a whole lot of good looking livestock today. I thought 4H was almost dead around here I'm glad to see, not in this county.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:59pm
That's great Tom, you've got new wheels and a GREAT guy for a grandson.  Nice to see that they can be different and not 'stuck' behind a cell phone all day.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic