This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now old Ford truck questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now old Ford truck questions
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:18pm
I’ve found a 1952 3/4 ton Ford. It’s also a barn find but sure enough slick. It has a whole bunch of original paint left on it. Flathead V8 4 speed. It has no bed. If I get it I’d like to find an original stake bed.
I really want this one. Condition of motor and transmission unknown.
5 hrs from home. Let’s have the advice and info on the old Fords.
A 52 half ton horrid has always been my dream ride. For some reason I now want an original with a flat/stake bed.
Sponsored Links

Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:40pm
I have a 73 time capsule,& use several of the F100 Group Face Book sights.Pretty informative. Also the F100 show in Maggie Valley N.C. is next week end ,July 13 th.Good luck on U'r search.
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:15pm
I like my trucks a little older. I bought this '35 Ford, 1 1/2 ton truck in '94 and have been trying to think of something to do with it. It has 17,000 original miles on it.

A few months ago, I thought of what to do with it and just last week, I bought a pair of 16.9 x 24, tires and wheels for it. It will be my "Tractor Truck" for shows.

Now that I'm committed, it will be about a year before it will be done.

Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:57pm
That, that would be a cool ride!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
'54 GMC
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Crewchief Crewchief wrote:

I have a 73 time capsule,& use several of the F100 Group Face Book sights.Pretty informative. Also the F100 show in Maggie Valley N.C. is next week end ,July 13 th.Good luck on U'r search.

Wow what a fine truck. I drove a 74 to high school. Those are my favorite trucks. Mine was the explorer package with the white stripes . It was Brook blue metallic.
What is the story on yours? That is beyond nice.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:36pm
What length bed would you be looking for?  I have a 13' Omaha bed on a 49 2 ton Dodge That I sell the bed or the complete truck. It runs and drives with about 60% of the restoration already done. 

I also have a 50 Dodge 1-1/2 with a 12' bed that has a hoist under it. Most all of the mechanical restoration has bee done with this one, The buyer of this one will also get a good cab along with it. 

For the right deal, I might consider a road trip.

Edited by PaulB - 07 Jul 2019 at 4:52pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:53pm
Bought the 73 back in 2015 from a lady who inherit from the original owner(her Grandad) very well kept,currently 74500 on the meter.I drive it on the weekends,and local tractor shows.Most of the time my dog Maggie is in ti with me.
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:39pm

HOLY'IST CHIT,,,,,TMiller,,,,that right there is one bad boy Rat Rod,,,and,,,,and,,, A V12 straight to the air to boot,,,!!! Dang,,but I'd like to hear that sob clearin out it's throat in the mornings,,,,whooooooeeeeeeee,,,,,ClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:45pm
 Hey Crewchief,,,that is one nice ride and lookin real clean to go cruizin with Maggie,,,,,ClapClap

Hey frnkeore,,,I used to have a 36 and drove it for just a few years  ,,,,and sold it 'fore I knew what I was doin,,,,,,Chit,,,!! Keep us up to date on your restoration,,,what color you gonna go with,,??  UMMmmm,,,lemme help,,,,,,Candy Apple Red,,,????ClapClap

Edited by desertjoe - 07 Jul 2019 at 7:45pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 8:00pm
desertjoe I've heard it run!! A friend is building this to pull his tractors to shows, it is powered with a 12V71 Detroit with an Allison 6 speed behind it to a truck rear, with air brake converted to disk hydraulic assist.  He bought the cab somewhere in the west, the grill is actually 2 put together to be long enough.  The headers he fabricated out of SS tubing which he polished.  Oh yeah, he's only 76.
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
I will takes some pictures, as I go. For color, I'm thinking more like some sort of Orange ;)
I learned to drive, in 1957, in a '36 Ford PU. I was 12 and we lived on 7.5 ac. I made many roads! That's why I got the '35, I love the look of them, best of all the 30's through 40's PU's, to me.

TMiller, tell that guy that I have a pair of turbo's, in good condition, that came off of a 12v71. Can make a good deal, if he REALLY wants some HP. :)
Frank
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 8:49pm
frnkeore, it has 2 turbos,  he told me how much hp and torque but I forgot..........
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

What length bed would you be looking for?  I have a 13' Omaha bed on a 49 2 ton Dodge That I sell the bed or the complete truck. It runs and drives with about 60% of the restoration already done. 

I also have a 50 Dodge 1-1/2 with a 12' bed that has a hoist under it. Most all of the mechanical restoration has bee done with this one, The buyer of this one will also get a good cab along with it. 

For the right deal, I might consider a road trip.

I’d be looking for an 8’ for a standard lwb 52 Ford 3/4 ton.
Those Dodge trucks are awesome.
My neighbor is looking for a good 1959 cab for a rolled power wagon. That power wagon doesn’t have many miles on it.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:20pm
Frank,
That 35' is sweeeet man! That thing is in super shape! Let's see.. medium block Ford or a larger cube small block Chebby in that with a 700R4 behind it would be a great start for a Tractor hauler! A buddy of mind just painted his 35' Chevy Pie Wagon Ford Poppy Red. That color is so close to PO1 Allis Orange its incredible!  I'll see if I can post a pic of it.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:21pm
 Hey Thad,,,you need to go ahead and get it runnin and use it as your material haulin behemouth,,,,,,and tell ole Little Brutus he can't drive it much over 50 MPH,,,,even on long trips,,,,,,LOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by TMiller/NC TMiller/NC wrote:

desertjoe I've heard it run!! A friend is building this to pull his tractors to shows, it is powered with a 12V71 Detroit with an Allison 6 speed behind it to a truck rear, with air brake converted to disk hydraulic assist.  He bought the cab somewhere in the west, the grill is actually 2 put together to be long enough.  The headers he fabricated out of SS tubing which he polished.  Oh yeah, he's only 76.

CHIT,,,TMiller,,,I just noticed,,it IS the right color too,,,,beautiful,,,!!Clap
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:08am
Originally posted by TMiller/NC TMiller/NC wrote:

frnkeore, it has 2 turbos,  he told me how much hp and torque but I forgot..........

The turbo's hook to the exhaust and set high, in the front of the engine. Like snake eyes coming at you :)

Steve, it will be a real tractor type. I had Howard Cams, grind a slightly modified 850 Ford, cam timing cam for the .030 over, 302 eng. T18 trans with a 9" Ford housing (7.33 gears), mounted on top of the frame rails and a Brownie, in between them if, I can find one. Either a 5831B Spicer or a Fuller A2-92.

I have a '48 F3 if I need it but, use a 1 1/2 ton Ford, 12 ft van for my everyday towing.
Frank
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:06am
awwwww...shucks Thad...build a bed outta pallets...anything else is to good for a ferd!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 8:12am
I have an '89 E-150 with 300-6 and a 5 speed transmission. Thinking of replacing it. It was a go to work vehicle. Retired in early '01.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:41pm
I've seen some pretty nice looking wood flatbeds on them old trucks.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:48pm
If you're going to keep the old flat head V8, there's an excellent page on Facebook called The Flat Spot. They say on there you won't believe how much it costs to go slow. 
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Brian Jasper co. Ia Brian Jasper co. Ia wrote:

If you're going to keep the old flat head V8, there's an excellent page on Facebook called The Flat Spot. They say on there you won't believe how much it costs to go slow. 

I’m gonna see if my wife can get me on that page.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:22pm
I have a 1955 F-600 with a flat bed I built and a 1975 F 150 that I am redoing with a 390.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic