This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bought the pickup today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bought the pickup today
    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:12pm
2019 1/2 ton Chevy. It rode better than the Dodges we drove. White plain 4 door pickup. I'm gonna pickup up some beauty rings and maybe some stripes for it. We looked at used, and with the rebates this weekend it was cheaper than most of the used ones. 5.3-- 6 speed auto. Old gal can get in this one as it set, but their gonna install runningboards and undercoat it next week. I forgot to check the tire plys. I might have to put a set of 6 plys on the back to pull her darn toy hauler.    Sure like the backup camera. Its got a whole lot of stuff built into the dash that I'll never figure out. At least They moved the battery so a guy can get it out without tearing the right fender off. That's sorta a joke. Looking for a topper and trailer towing mirrors for it.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 05 Jul 2019 at 7:15pm
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:20pm
Good for you. Hope you enjoy.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
Good Luck with your new ride Tom!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
Nice going Tom. I'm fond of them Chevys too.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:16pm
You can connect your phone to the radio with bluetooth.  Makes phone calls a lot easier while driving!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 11:04pm
Congrats! Hopes it’s a good truck for you. Is Chevy’s new 5.3L about same displacement as their old 327?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 12:34am
good job Tom! can't wait to see it! i'm still learning what all the do dads buttons do on the old lady's....oooops….I mean the loving wifes burb do! I love the electric folding mirrors for when we park in tight places, no one walks into the mirrors as they walk thru between vehicles!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:28am
They make fender liners for the rear wheels for the chevys.  I always thought they looked cheap without them.   Not sure if the 19's have them std or not, but was glad i put them on mine.  

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
I bought me some mirrors a while back, but I can't remember where.  If I can find that sales receipt I'll give you a holler Tom.  They were pretty cheap and good mirrors, the kind that pull in and out.  Got em on my 2004 Silverado.

Congrats on the new truck!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 4:30pm
Ted. I would appreciate that info. The trailer we will be pulling is 8' wide and the mirror extensions will be needed.   Everything have seen so far looks like cheep west coast mirrors and I mean cheep looking.
Roger (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:23pm
You'll find a nice selection and decent prices at etrailer.com for mirrors and lots of other accessories. That's where I got the tow mirrors for our camper tow vehicle. Only downside was they told me they were USA made and when they arrived guess what...made overseas. But the quality was good. Their warehouse is in Wentzville, MO. Another good place for original and aftermarket accessories is LMC Truck in Lenexa, KS.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:49pm
Roger. Thank you. I have been in contact with them. They do not have anything for a 2019. It seems GM changed the mirror design in 19. I try'd to get some 17" beauty rings for the rims thru GM today. The guy I spoke with had no idea what a beauty ring was. I guess I'll try amazon.
Roger (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:07pm
Can't say I'm surprised that GM changed designs. Seems manufacturers do that on a regular basis. Would think there would be someone making aftermarket towing mirrors in the near future. Imagine the factory one's are quite pricey. Sorry I wasn't able to help. Amazon is a good idea as they seem to have most anything available. Best wishes!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic