This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case 310

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case 310
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 9:57am
I got a call Thursday from a neighbors son of a property I own where I used to live, asking if they could use my lot for his dad’s action.
I didn’t know Dale had passed but he was 88 or 89 so not unexpected. Good guy who liked to collect stuff. But a wild land fire went through in 2012 and burned much of his collection. About a month before the fire I helped him unload a little Case 310 dozer that had been restored...
The fire burned over it but didn’t do much to it. A little paint and the seat, hoses were scorched but plug wires fine. But it sat from June 2012 to yesterday exposed to weather. My brother drove it home last night with a scabbed fuel tank from his atv. The tank is rusted bad on inside.
Pretty excited to restore Dales old dozer. Anyone with a lead on a tank would be great.
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:09pm
We have a 310G Diesel 
Fuel tank is rusty inside also and I am fighting to keep it clean. 

Ours is welded to the frame rails, so its no replacing it. 
Thought about adding a fuel cell to the back with about 6 gallons.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 8:51am
theres a fellow just south of Kansas city on 71 highway that has over 25 of them. it is his passion, buys any 310 case he can find. pm me for more info.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:56am
Pinball I sent a PM.

An update on the case 310.
My brother bought a case 310 but not the one I unloaded.
He bought a case 310 loader. Looks like maybe 310e?
He was able to back it home, has now changed the hoses and fluids. Is working on modifying to alternator and cleaning up gas tank.
It has the loader bucket with the bull horns lifting arms.

Any parts help is appreciated, I know it is not allis but for $80 and drove home, it will be a fun project.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:34am
one good thing about them is they have no steering clutches to fool with. brake bands are in oil and mineral oil is the only oil to use. napa carrys it. I have a complete maint/parts manual if interested. 50 bucks plus shipping media mail. nice little toy when you get it running. hydraulics are pretty good on those. nice motors. parts for undercarriage are hard to find. pay strict attention to the rear drive cases. make sure there always full of oil and not leaking. handy little crawler that will last a long time doing small jobs but always remember to treat her nice.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:59am
Charlie,
I was just going through looking for an old message and saw your comment, figured I would give an update.
I am waiting on a new gas tank.
A fabricator friend is building an aluminum tank that will slide down inside the old tank.
The top of old tank will have flange to bolt back together after insert slides in.
Should work slick.
Then it will be on to adding a root rake like aw_HD5 .
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 6:23am
I have acid washed ours twice. Still get some fine rust particles that I think are from the top of the tank since it was hard to get spray up there. Word to the wise, the petcock is soft metal and a diluted acid mixture will eat right thru it!
I enjoy our 310G and it does a lot for it's size. We need a dozer now to level things off as I can't figure out how to do that with a loader :)
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic