This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Fireplace Decisions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Fireplace Decisions
    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:13am
i am kinda stuck in the mud/on the fence.

Switching from wood stove to gas vented fireplace.  It will be a corner mount with through the wall vent.  Got an installer.

i need to make a decision and order the fireplace for the build.

The internet is full of the "best" ones.  There is no local store/dealer worth a hoot.

I know I want a remote control and blower.

Any and all advice on getting down to the order (probably off the internet) will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 7:38pm
I've had a Lennox for close to 20 years not a problem.  The blower did start making noise last winter so I'll probably need to clean it.  I also had to put a variable speed control on the fan and ran the power thru a thermocouple I set on top of the firebox.  At full speed it was too loud, and more than needed for air flow.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 8:35pm
Um, have you asked your installer ? I went with what he recommended,after all HE will be servicing it, Napolean.Has worked reliably for 6-8 years. Only issue is the noisey fan which I seldom use as there's a ceiling fan in the room. One day I may pull the fan, clean but it's kinda low on the 'todo' list.
Big bonus NO power required to operate fireplace,so it'l run during power outages !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 7:58am
Lennox in the past have been very difficult to get parts for, unless you're a Lennox Dealer.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Lennox in the past have been very difficult to get parts for, unless you're a Lennox Dealer.

Probably been two years ago now when they put natural gas in and I switched from propane.  The company that put in my new furnace also converted my gas log.  They needed to replace part of the regulator.  They never mentioned any problem getting the parts.  About the only other part is the burner.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic