This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2000 GMC electric motor keeps running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 GMC electric motor keeps running
    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:00pm
My truck has an electric motor that keeps running. It bolts to the frame left of the transfer case. It looks like brake lines going to it.
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:20pm
If that is brake or ABS related have you checked the brake fluid level?
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 8:16pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Steve M Ind View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 8:52am
The relay is built into the ABS box. The relay is stuck on and needs replaced or it will run the battery down. Need to replace the controller part of the box. Have seen this many times. 
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:48pm
My '99 Chevy had same thing happen, but the ABS pump kicked on, blew the rear brake line out, and totally emptied the master cylinder...

At 45mph...

With a flatbed trailer in tow...

with 4600lbs of lumber on it...

...heading for a stop sign....
at a 2-way intersection...
... with two tractor-trailers full of grain coming one direction
...and a five-axle dumptruck full of gravel coming the other way...

I was fortunate to have presence of mind to slap the trans into LOW, then grab the trailer brake controller and squeeze it to full, while flipping the GAIN switch to max...

I got stopped about two feet into the intersection... all three drivers saw my trailer tires smoking and knew what was up... they moved over JUST ENOUGH to keep me alive.

Cost of replacing that ABS pump (after lifting off the cab) was seriously in excess of the value of the truck, so away it went.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:03am
 Hey Dave Kamp,,,glad to see you safely back home from the Great Southwest snake country,,,,,WinkWink
 Dang,,that sounds like you had you a close call,,!! You know,,them vehicles always seem to gain speed when them brakes fail don't they,,,?? There may be one of them trks up for sale up around the Eurica Springs area,,,,,,Wink,,Chit,,I'm outa here,,,,,
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:16am
I checked the fluid and it was ok. I drove it around the place and the brakes work fine with it unplugged. I haven’t had much time to mess with it.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:13am
You can unplug it or just pull a fuse, Will not have the ABS function but will have normal brakes and the pedal should feel normal.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Steve M Ind Steve M Ind wrote:

You can unplug it or just pull a fuse, Will not have the ABS function but will have normal brakes and the pedal should feel normal.

Is it safe to drive to work? They feel fine.
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:16pm
Some of my customers never fix them. Just drivem with the ABS light on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic