This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moneypit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring diagram
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 4:21pm
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of just the a/c system on a 7040? Wires are mostly gone on mine
Sponsored Links

LB0442 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LB0442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:49pm
Found this in the service manual.  Fairly simple system.  Power starts at the blower switch then to evaporator thermostat, then to compressor clutch.  The ground for the compressor clutch may still have the sub cool switch in it, all mine are straight to ground, I get rid of that.  Also the switch on the power side disappears, that's another thermal switch, plastic body by compressor.  I have seen a lot of wiring problems in those connectors by the firewall/dash area, lot of dirt in that area over 30-40 years.  The connectors under the cab floor are the next area of concern.

Moneypit View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moneypit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 5:55am
Thanks got it working
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic