This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old off color (I think) 2 bottom plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old off color (I think) 2 bottom plow
    Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:30pm
A little background. My Dad grew up on a farm and always wanted to be a farmer, but alas, he ended up having a very good career as an electronic and software engineer. We had a little property and Dad had a large garden. He used to have a Minneapolis Moline model U and the pics below are of the plow he used to prepare the garden every year. I would like some info about what kind of plow it is.

My Dad passed away a couple of years ago. He had long since sold the M-M. I got his Allis B...which, of course, is not a tractor for this plow and I have no need for plowing anyway. This plow will be seeing yard-art duty from here on. I just would like to know a little about it.

One of the beams has “P012572” on it.

Thanks!

Edited by HoughMade - 20 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
1951 B
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:10pm
That is an International Harvester Company. Little Genius plow. We had two of them way back when. We were farming places on both sides of the county as well as in between. One stayed near the western farms and the other was parked near the eastern farms. Road travel with those steel wheels was slow at best. They would do an excellent job plowing and were easy to adjust for different soils.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:03pm
Thanks!. I’ve been lookin at pictures of the “Little Genius” and you are, no doubt, correct.

Is there any way to determine an approximate age?
1951 B
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:04pm
A lot of the curved beam plows were made by the same Co. Most were stamped on top for which Co. they were for. In your picture you can see the IHC stamp.     MACK
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:58pm
It looks like it might have once been a 3-bottom shrunk down to a 2-bottom. Definitely a No. 8 Little Genius IHC.

Edited by steelwheelAcjim - 20 Apr 2019 at 10:04pm
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:36pm
Cool. Thanks for the help.

I see the old IH in the C logo now. I’ll clean it up and see what else I can make out. It’s rusty, but everything that is supposed to move still does.

Edited by HoughMade - 20 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
1951 B
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
I will post a pic when it makes it to it's permanent location.  I will be joining a McCormick New No. 4 mower (well, most of one) that the previous owners left behind.
1951 B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic