This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul B won't like this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul B won't like this
    Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:16am
I'm going back to my roots.    Lightest class I will be pulling my CA in now is Farm Stock 3000.    30 gallons of water in the rear tires split left and right.  Farmall A Wheel weights back on
On a certified scale yesterday with me on it.  2980 with a near empty fuel tank.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 16 Apr 2019 at 6:21am
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:50am
If your happy pulling in Grampa gear, go for it🙀
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:49am
2nd gear is our new 1st ! Mom's "Super CA" did real good last wk end. Got a FP in 2500 8mph, 3rd gear. Hooked real good in the mud as we had lots of rain.
dg
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:52am
The last pull I went their to see how my 2500 pound CA would do in 3rd gear.   The sled was so big and heavy and set so tight  I tried second and made a fantastic 5 foot pull.
    That will be the last time that bunch will make a fool out of me and everyone else with light weight tractors trying to pull a sled built to stop open unlimited 2 engine V8 Hot rods.
    The skid plate was as long as a school bus.   To get the sled from the truck to the track they called for a really big puller to come help'
     What a way to tell us little tractor pullers "We don't need you guys to put on a show"

Edited by Ken in Texas - 18 Apr 2019 at 11:03am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:24pm
Ken: There must be a club somewhere around that really works with little tractors. Other than that come up to pull with us.  There used to be a good bunch of little tractors down in N.C. where there was always 6 or 8 good running little tractors.  Prior to that I was running up and down 81 through Virginia, 20 years ago or more it was the same thing, always 6 or 8 good tractors and there were a bunch of different color tractors which really made it fun.  I guess I kinda did myself in when I started to get things figured out and the distance between me and all the others started to get progressively greater to the point I was pulling over twice the distance of the next tractors behind my two CAs. anyone who doesn't think little tractors can pull, tell them to grab a beer and watch this:
[TUBE]73L8j9b4jdE[/TUBE]
Or watch me out run this half motor tractor
[TUBE]GXU6b43E6ro[/TUBE]
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:46pm
Well . I'm not ashamed of how my little CA pulled today in 3000 and 3500 on 13-6 24 tires in second gear at under 3.5 MPH  Two firsts by a bunch of feet
    Just for the heck of it I weighted up to 4000 and finished 3rd to two Oliver 77s. In first gear of coarse
    In a few unofficial practice pulls earlier in the day to clean the rust off the skid pan,  in second gear they had me at 4 mph at full throttle
   Makes me wish the pull committee would go up from 3.5 to 4.5 mph
    It was fun to have the heavy Red and Green drivers give my little CA the THUMBS UP
     I pull again Tomorrow  We shall see.   Only 2 hooks per tractor tomorrow
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:38pm
The Saturday pull was just a 2 hook day.   I pulled in 3000 against a Avery R and won. In 3500 I pulled again against the same Avery R and finished second.  I hope to do better the next time we pull against each other at the State Fair of Louisiana Shreveport in the fall.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:00am
An Avery R? That only barley more than a cub WOWY😻
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:18am
A cub with 13-6 28 tires.  Give me a brake here Paul..  There were also 2 Olivers and 2 Farmalls in the 3500 class.
   This Avery R has a reputation in North East Louisiana as the small tractor to try to beat .

I'm still looking for a decent pair of bolt on 28s. My Question is. How in the cat hair am I going to pull 28s in second gear at my maximum stock rpm and stay under 3 1/2 MPH.
     In 3500 class  on 13-6 24s in Second Gear I blow the horn and have to drop my rpm to find out I power out at the exact same time as I spin out to end the pull.  Back to 1st gear again in 3500 eeh Paul.   Do you prefer me getting DISQUAIFIDE for speeding.
    At the Drivers Meeting I suggested taking a show of hands to see how many pullers liked  the 3 1/2 or a 4 1/2 MPH Speed limit. I thought for sure the most pullers would prefer 4 1/2.   Without actually counting hands the vast majority preferred The 3 1/2 mph speed limit by a wide margin. This included all drivers in all classes up to 12000 pounds. At least 4 to 1 pullers by my observation preferred the 3 1/2 MPH speed limit.
     It is a whole different world down here when it comes to Antique Tractor Pulling

Happy Easter Everyone  See you in Church

Edited by Ken in Texas - 23 Apr 2019 at 4:43pm
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:52pm
Of course all the green guys would prefer 3.5 mph. Read PaulB's signature.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
Tell em CurtThumbs Up I can explain it to them, but I can't understand it for themLOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:38am
Hey.  I had great time pulling my little CA both Friday and Saturday. The sled was set where nearly everyone that hooked got within 40
 feet of a full pull of 205'.   The track was Arena Dirt with just the right amount of water to make it pack HARD.
    I went there to pull and HAVE FUN. I didn't have to leave my tractor on the trailer because the rest of drivers in small tractor classes heard I was coming and stayed home.  I'm not into small tractor pulling to run folks off with a small tractor nobody can out pull.  What I would do if I was so lucky to have a little unbeatable CA in 2500 and 3000 is enter it in 4000 and 4500 and run them folks off too.     lol

If it isn't pouring rain on May 4 and 18 I plan to HAVE FUN AGAIN at 2 more pulls about 60 and 70 miles from the house.    Emory and Cooper Texas

Edited by Ken in Texas - 23 Apr 2019 at 6:51am
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:03pm
Paul where can I find rules for your club and do you pull the ca anywhere else besides your club I don't see how any body could pull any where else leaglly and be competitive with your group
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:38pm
Bradley: Do a search for;  Anne Arundle Antique Tractor Club.  That should get you to something. Are you going to be able to get to the pull May 11th?

I can generally pull at the pulls held at the local Green tractor dealer, but no other pulls in Frederick County. Also at Williams Grove Pa, Dover Pa and Littlestown Pa.  A couple of times they had a "hot" 2500 pound class over at Tuckahoe.
   I was at a pull at Meyerstown Pa. nearly 30 years ago when I still was running stock size tires and was told to never bring that tractor back.  The same thing happened soon after that at Fawn Grove Pa.  That day the 2500 pound class consisted of a MH Pony, a Farmall Cub, a JD H, My Ca and a B that I'd also been running at 2000 pounds. After watching the first three try numerous times (I lost count) to get past 25' I let the B driver show them how to do it, then I made a full pull in the mud with my CA. Now that was fun, slinging mud like a superstocker in 3rd gear.

Edited by PaulB - 23 Apr 2019 at 4:40pm
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:02pm
Unfortunately not the 11th is also our opening pull here for the Delmarva tractor pullers
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic