This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little Fun today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little Fun today
    Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm
Did not do much good, but at least tried. Local contractor delivering a machine to neighboring farm, did not swing quite wide enough, dropped trailer in the ditch Rt Rr, truck buried the L Fr tire and the lean took the weight off the drives. Could see them from our living room window so took a drive, said his boss was on the way and I noted would be at my barn, would fire up the 7G IF THEY needed it. Next thing I know the grade company owners son is driving down the lane to the barn, know him pretty well, he did most of the road work on our place!! As he drove up BANG the 7 lit off. Spoke a little bit, agreed worth a shot so up the grade and thru a gap gate. Cabled to truck, old slick shoes would dance a lot but not enough traction, if had heavy grousers would more than likely buried it right there!!    Unpinned, they got to play with the machine as I let them use it to prep a drive off side ramp of fill where they could get their machine off.

HUGE Bugger, Deere 755K, just slightly bigger than a 963 Cat, weight around 46000 By ITSELF, no wonder could not drag it out!!, Once trailer empty truck was hauled out, watched as the operator dressed off the mess and cleaned things up, chatted a bit then back to the house. Still got use of a 40+ year old machine to save a new one!!
Sponsored Links

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:05pm
A lot of that goes on these days.  After getting the old 11EP up and running a few years back, a number of its first few jobs were righting near new machines that were involved in 'incidents'. Incident is the politically correct term here when driver or operator makes a monumental mistake resulting in damage to equipment and/or personnel. Its used by Dept of Labour in reports.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:13pm
Thanks Mac, how ya been, not heard from you in quite some time.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:28am
Good Dave. Been sidetracked a bit from the machines for a while, but able to do a bit now. Hope all is well with you.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:40am
All is good, just had Cataract surgery on the eye I injured 31 years ago, seeing better than have for 31 years is AMAZING!! Still floundering along with old 7G Fat Allis too!!
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:21am
You have to blow the spider webs out of them every now and then. Reminds me when I was a kid a loaded grape truck couldn't make one of the hills on an old country dirt road and backed down and jack knifed the whole thing, so I went zooming up there with my trusty Model M and hooked on and I was so dissapointed the M just spun with the 80K, and then my dad showed up and unhooked the pull trailer and then the M did what M's do best it pulled the truck over the hill and then we put it on the pull trailer and I backed it down the hill to a place I could turn it around and after the truck had turned around and came back we hooked him up and off he went. Got to love the M
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:10pm
Some fellows decided to go 4 wheeling and got stuck in the creek.
They asked if I would help so I drove over on my tractor, backed up to them, handed him the end of the tow strap (his truck was under water in the front) and said whatever part you hook this to is coming out of the creek.

And it did.

HD3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic