This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had to bury my new best friend today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had to bury my new best friend today
    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:07pm
Yep the new pup Sophie, got out and was hit by a truck about 9:10 last night. I took the old skid loader and laid her under a big old OAK tree this afternoon. Old gal and I are pretty sad about it tonight.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 13 Apr 2019 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:19pm
Sorry to hear that Tom........... hurts everytime that happens... you remember them forever.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:20am
Sorry to hear that, Tom.  Hard to explain to them about 'crossing the road'... they have to learn for themselves, and if they don't learn on the first close call... Cry
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:38am
 Hey Tom,,,,So sorry to hear bout your pup getting hit like that,,,,,my condolences,,,,,,
 We too,,live right next to the main 4 lane goin thru the state and I have lost two dogs and several cats to bein hit over there. I'm sure glad ole Hungry is not a fence jumper and pretty much stays close to his groceries,,,,,,,,
 Don't wait too long to go get you another "friend" ,,,,,,OK,??Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:27am
i'm so sorry that happened to your new family member. living so close to the road sucks. we have to watch ours everytime we let them out, we are right on the highway. it's gut wrenching when one gets killed like that. i'm always brought to tears when I see one along the road.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:26am
 You know,,,,this brings up something that I think ought to have a STIFF law against it in every state. It just breaks my heart every time goin down the  highways,,,,,,,and see the remains of somebody's pet splattered all over the highway,,,,,,,,I've seen this in New Mexico and Texas and Colorado,,so I know it ain't just around here. And the worst part is even if they see em fall off,,,they never go back to pick em up and give the poor animals a proper burial,,,,,,,,,,Dang them AH's,,!!!
 Some years ago,,,I got into a shoutin match with a smart azzed rig welder that had his dog,,,unsecured,,,runnin from one side of the welder bed to the other and almost and I mean ALMOST fallin off every time he turned to run to other side,,,,,,all this while the guy passed me doin bout 75 MPH,,,,,!!! The dog looked to be a young Pit Bull type. 
 When we got into town at first light,,I hollared at him that his dog had "almost" fallen off and he ought to put him inside the cab or secure him somehow,,,,The AH hollared back to mind my own friggin business,,,and after flippin each other off several times,,,he turned off and went his way,,,,There ought to be a law,,,,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 14 Apr 2019 at 3:27am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:23am
Tom I’m so sorry you had to go through this. You and the Mrs. are in my thoughts and prayers.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:12am
I know how ya feel.  Sorry to hear this.
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:45am
Sorry to learn about your loss. I know it hurts.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:11am
It always hurts to loose an animal friend! I hope you and your wife can heal from your loss and find anotherher friend. I myself have buried a number of dogs and cats over the years all brought tremendous sadness at their passing!

Edited by klinemar - 14 Apr 2019 at 8:11am
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:12am
Sorry Tom. We went through that a lot as kids. We lived on the side of hwy 20 and had several dogs and cats run over. We finally just quit having pets.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 12:59pm
Tom, sorry to hear that too...Specially young pals with long life ahead yet.
  We have had several hit on this road too...  while feeding hay the other day to the cattle, the old dog decided to stand in the middle of the north half of the road. We are on basically a rural road but was blacked topped about 30 years ago and suddenly others started using it because it was no longer gravel, dusty or muddy. Now they blast through here like it is a super highway. I set the bales on the north side of the road  and have the cattle on the south side... and we try to teach our dogs to stay off the road..., yet the dogs seem to forget that rule. The old dog decided friday to watch me grab a couple bales from... the road and I tried hollering at her to get off the road and ... she is not listening because she is going deaf. A car came down the road and the driver was watching me in the field getting ready to cross with the bales and at that point, I thought the old dog was toast... She suddenly seen the old dog and swerved about 5 feet from her and Roxxie just stands there like it was her prerogative to be there... and yet when she was about 2 years old, she was standing near the edge of the road when some clown went blasting through with a little broncoII and had a wide trailer that stuck out about 2 ft on each side which smacked that dog, and sent her spinning.  Thought she would remember that lesson for the rest of her life to stay off the road.  Guess I need to get another BB gun around that works to give her a few reminders in the butt from a distance.     
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:33pm
Tom. sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a new member of the family may not be quite as tough as losing an older companion but it still hurts a lot. Glad you gave her a proper burial. Hope you can find another companion soon.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
My heart goes out to you Tom.  Nothing we say can help, it's just one of those things you have to live through with your darling wife.  Get another and start over again.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:24pm
Sorry for your loss Tom, it's one of them things that nobody wants to happen.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:51pm
So sorry Tom, I know it hurts. Prayers for you and the wife.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic