This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Solid Axle in a 716??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solid Axle in a 716??
    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:54am
Hi all.  What exactly is involved in putting a solid axle in the 716 six speed transaxle?  I want to do one for stock garden tractor pulling.  Thanks!!

Edited by KevinON - 03 Apr 2019 at 11:55am
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:14pm
cub kadet if your rules allow it
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:32am
They will allow it, but I refuse to use a cub rear end, as 95% of what is pulling are cubs....lol!  I have had good luck with the Simplicity rear end, I have just heard of the solid axle and would like a bit more peace of mind. 
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:58am
just take the diff end apart and flip some of the planet gears and it locks the diff. it only takes a few minutes and is easy to reverse.
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:26am
Thanks, Dakota Dave.  I appreciate the help.  I had heard guys twist the axle tubes and that is why they put a solid axle in them.  Cheers.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 11:32am
use the the four speed transaxle out of a jd 112 axle houseing is all cast irondrive pully is on the right side very stong rear end
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 7:29pm
How about the rearend out of a Panzer? Supposed to be a tiny 8 3/4 Chrysler rear!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:10pm
I have one that twisted the axle tube when i took it apart it had been cracked 2/3 of the way around and the key ways were realy worn. You can get a new tube from sandy lake. You just split the case and you can get it out.
iowaacman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowaacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:37pm
I have exactly what you are looking for. 3 speed transmission with solid rear axle. Heavy duty hubs with adjustable hitch and weight bracket. Cost $500 to build axle and hubs. Would take $250 for the whole rear end (wheels not included).

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
what model is that from?
iowaacman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowaacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:52am
716 six speed. Quite pulling and put a hydro back in it.
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 12:43pm
Im interested in it. I will pm you a bit later.   Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic