This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers & Simplicity tractors on CL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverstreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers & Simplicity tractors on CL
    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:06pm
Saw this this morning, in South Jersey CL:
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/6852206660.html

I emailed and got an address, just got back, pickup on a super clean 17GTH-L for $400, I swapped in a battery, drained the fuel tank, removed the needle valve and drained the carb, added some fresh fuel and a battery and it started right up after a few tries.
He's got a couple more just like it plus a yard full of 3400, 7000, and 7100 machines. A few are missing parts but they're pretty much all complete minus decks. He said someone came by and bought all the decks that were already off the machines. A few still have decks, like the one I bought but for me, I'll never use a deck, I want it for a yard mule. I'm getting old and lazy and needed something to drag the boat out when I want to use it.

The ad says they all came from the estate of a relative who passed, they brought the tractors down to NJ to sell them rather than just dumping them at an auction or having to travel to show them one at a time. A few are missing motors but the few I looked at were in nice shape. No worn out tires, not all rusted away, and they didn't look abused at all. Most looked like they ran fairly recently, just bad gas, dead batteries, and a few flat tires.
There's a few that I was thinking of going back for but I don't have the room, I can't have anything sitting outside anymore due to a new law here and I don't have a garage. My 8x10 shed will only hold one machine and we're not allowed to build a larger shed or garage in this neighborhood. I get enough grief when I ride my Harley around here.
Sponsored Links

silverstreak View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverstreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
Same seller, I think:

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/d/vineland-simplicity-17gth-garden-tractor/6854830205.html

This one is identical to the one I bought. There were two of this model left when I was there but there was a row of 7100 models.
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:29pm
Quite a collection. 
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 1:50pm
Deleted  

rustymetal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
I think he just sold the last 17GTH-L, he still has the other ad up. I was there on Sunday and bought a 17GTH-L and a 7119 parts tractor. Both turned out to be runners with just a pair of batteries and a good carb cleaning.  He had a half dozen or so complete machines there and a few decks left but someone was backing in when I was leaving.
I should have bought more of them but I could only put on in the bed of the truck and one on my trailer. All of them with the exception of one or two that were missing motors looked like they had potential. He had another half dozen or so just parts tractors too that were missing more than just motors.

This is the ad I replied too: https://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/6852206660.html
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:51am
Did all the 3400 series have that checker board front grille? I acquired a Simplicity with the white hood and checkerboard grille. The decals are missing on the hood. Looks like the hood was repainted some time in its life. It has a shuttle setup in it. Haven't had a chance to really look it over well....
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:35am
As far as I know, all 3400's use the same hood. He had a bunch of them when I was there the first time, but there were only a couple older models when I went back. (He was using one as a tug to move the other tractors around, but I think he sold that one too).
He had a few with the four tiny headlights as well, but a guy was loading all of those up the second time I went back. The guy told me he bought all the shuttle trans models in that style.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 6:53pm
I figured I'd post the link here again, I've been watching this ad on CL and someone keeps flagging the ad for some reason.

He's still got a dozen or so there and he's added a couple here and there too.
I was there and bought another a 7114S and a 410S for shuttle drive parts.
He's got a few of each there plus a few 'parts' tractors out back too.

I think his plan is to junk what ever don't sell after this weekend, he'll likely yank all the motors and major parts and cut the rest up. Its a shame but I guess there's only so many people who want Simplicity machines these days. He said he had a big run on them the first few days and through last weekend but now the emails have trickled down a bit. The odd part is that I thought the best of the lot were what was left, other than the half dozen or so 17GTH-L models he had there at first. There's still a really clean looking 7116H and a complete 7119H there, and a couple of clean 7119's without motors that would be perfect for a modern repower project. I think he's only asking $100 for those without engines. If I had the room I'd make the guy a big package deal and take everything but my neighbors would kill me.
silverstreak View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverstreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 3:41am
That guy had a lot of stuff there at the start, but most of it went pretty fast. I agree, a lot of what was left was likely the best of the lot.
The one 7116 had a brand new engine, as did one of the 7117's, it had a Kohler Magnum 20hp in it.
For me, I only do single cylinders, and the 7116 I bought was almost turn key. Even the parts tractor I got was decent. I don't think any of the 7100 models he had there were what I'd call 'parts' tractors, even those without decks or motors. Most machines that age are on their second or third engine either way and I saw those a good opportunity to just put what ever you wanted into it.  He had one there with a newer Briggs V twin in it.
He also had a row of 5200 lawn tractors the first day but they were being loaded up when I was there. Some guy bought every one of them for $300 each. A few he had had numbers on them, like they came from a business or something, they were numbered with small black numbers on the front between the headlights and on the left side of the hood. I didn't see any of those left in the ad link above. I don't think any of those were there when I was there the first day. 

I can't blame the guy for wanting it all gone fast, I suppose its why he's got them listed so cheap. There's ads right along side his where people want $900 and more for the same machines in similar condition. A few are even higher.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic