This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grandson called last night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grandson called last night
    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:44pm
About 11:00 headed for north east Iowa to go fly fishing. It was raining and his darn wipers quit. 1996 Honda car. I had no idea where he was at. He just needed a little encouragement to figure out a plan. They got to a Walmart and bought twine, tied to the wiper arms, turned around and headed home. Kinda reminded me of the Clampits truck. He came out today, we found the wiper motor, pulled off all the plastic covering it. We found a piece of plastic holding the arm moving the wipers to the motor had broken and allowed that arm to fall off the motor. Suprized me oreillys had the piece. Really Suprized me the kid knew what we needed. Especially after I called in there early last week wanting to know if they had any 12 volt trouble lights. Kid had no clew great afternoon helping THE kid.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:27am
glad that worked out well!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:12pm
Man you should talk to that grandson. Not go trout fishing because of a wiper blade! I have fished that area before. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
Well this turned out better than my first thought of a scam.Wink 

You have all heard it right?Wink Grandson made a quick trip to Confused???? with friend XConfused and now needs money. Send gift card to ConfusedConfused   Africa and all is good.

Anyone ever use the Rain-X stuff? I bought a old truck and last owner had not Winkrun wipers much and the switch was stiff and he pulled the plastic off. He had a bottle of the Rain-X in the door and told me just put some on windshield and didn't need wipers.LOL

Well a little lube and a pliers the switch works again Wink and new blades Clap woohoo.Clap Now if some would fix the main key switch lock Cry then the glow plugs. Hay Joe what are doing Wink say Thursday or Friday.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:17pm
Ray, well we have used Rain X and it is phenomenal how great it works.  I'm not saying you never need wipers, but I am saying you would be amazed at how heavily it can be raining and not need wipers!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
I use the Rain-X...gotta be going 40 mph or more to get the real wind blowing the rain off the windshield... that is if wipers don't work :)
I do like the stuff.

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
When I first read the Topic, I thought someone else had a grandson with cash flow, but
I started to inquire about his being down on his luck, asking more questions leading him on, finally I decided to inform him my grandkids are all girls-CLICK.  My wife had a LOL moment.
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:49pm
I use the rain-x on all our vehicles, also on combine/tractor cab glass, dust don't stick as bad. all the police/fire/rescue/boat patrol uses the rain-x too. just sitting still always gave us a better view of things over not using it. yep...i'd recommend that stuff to anyone. also ice will scrape off easier with it on the windshield.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:42am
Plastic gears for moving parts, who ever came up with that one?  I know, $$$, but it's still stupid.  Of course the 'metal' ones coming out of China aren't any better....
NOTHING is built to last anymore.  The 'Good Ole Days' are gone forever it seems.  It's too bad that today's economy is built on a throw away society.

I would have still gone fishing!!  Pfffttt on a little rain...most times, that's when the fishing is the best.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:23am
I used RainX on the ole Studebaker pick up when I drove it. It had vacuum wipers and they didn't work  the best  all the time. Only problem was 45MPH was about top end on hat thing with a 3 speed and  4.82 gear, but it did help a lot between 35 and 40 Wink
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm
I use RainX on my motorcycle windshield.  great stuff.   I too had a phone call from my "grandson"  and was involved in a car accident,  needed money to get back home.   I have 3 grandsons,  but knew they were at home.   I strung this shyster along till he got tired of my questions.   I just got a message from my niece yesterday asking me all kinds of stupid stuff,  I`m playing along with her too as my real niece lived about 2 miles from me and died of cancer about 4 years ago.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:39pm
Where do they get our #'s ? Pinch

Edited by chaskaduo - 27 Mar 2019 at 1:18pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
If I were to make a threat to the president,  some black trucks would come haul me away before the sun set,   but it`s strange the government can`t do anything to protect us  peons.   
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic