This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow injury

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow injury
    Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:23pm
I didn't want to post this to some other ongoing topics because I understand the fun of someone's machine kidding and didn't want to take from that. I just spent 3 days at the hospital with my Mom and Dad. Dad was blowing snow and slipped on the ice and broke his hip. Had surgery Fri and after therapy for awhile should be back maybe just a step behind where he was. He is 85. So I guess everyone should know what I thing about the weather. I really hope no one else has been hurt.  
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:33pm
Prayers for your dads quick healing and to be pain free.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:13am
gosh...now I feels bad about spreading my wealth of "pretty"! hope he gets well and heals soon and fast! oh...and why wasn't you out there helping him?
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:02am
Prayers going out for your Dad Mike.  Hope he heals fast and well.
I too have been hurt, but I didn't want to complain,,,,, I pulled a muscle in my upper left arm and sprained my right wrist,,,,,,,,yep, shoveling that 'pretty'.

Dale, I am right now trying to figure out how to change the grease in my gun so that it's a lot thinner, shoots farther and smells like the calf scours.....  i'm like Darrell also,,,,,,,I don't forget!!   Uh,,,,um,,,,until I walk out of the room,,,, Embarrassed
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:06am
Shameless I offered!!! But being a somewhat bullheaded German. It's just one of those things.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:25am
Dang, glad to hear that the future looks real promising.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:53am
one more day closer to spring!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:56am
Ted...I too hopes you gits to feeling better...maybe a few hot totties would help?
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:56am
Mike- sorry to hear about it... but yeah, that's not good news... broken hips tend to be a turning point in life at ANY age, but most frequent over 70.

I've been trying to protect my Dad, who's same vintage as yours... we've made it this far with no falls, although it hasn't been without worry... all this crazyness has made it a challenge for me to keep up with his sidewalks and driveways, fortunately I can send my son (17) down to shovel it back, he's still just a bit to 'young' to realize how important it is to 'stay ahead' of curmudgeons, and how a split-second of lost footing can establish end-of-life in short order...

Prayers for a swift and solid recovery, and many more good years to come...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 3:35pm
Thanks everyone! The hip deal is a real concern whenever you hear it with older folks. He had one of the best trama surgeons we have. He was very optimistic about his recovery. Dad is really good at doing his therapy. I have to remember where we all are in our life journey I guess and try to make the path as long as we can! Dave good luck with your Dad and to anyone else who's parents are getting older. Mike
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Prayers going out for your Dad Mike.  Hope he heals fast and well.
I too have been hurt, but I didn't want to complain,,,,, I pulled a muscle in my upper left arm and sprained my right wrist,,,,,,,,yep, shoveling that 'pretty'.

Dale, I am right now trying to figure out how to change the grease in my gun so that it's a lot thinner, shoots farther and smells like the calf scours.....  i'm like Darrell also,,,,,,,I don't forget!!   Uh,,,,um,,,,until I walk out of the room,,,, Embarrassed

Ted try cornhead or 0 gauge grease. It is thinner
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:11pm
mdm, I can pm you Shameless's address if you want to send him the hospital bill, it's the least he can do to pay it for your dad......
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:41pm
OOooooo  John, that is a GREAT idea!!  We can ALL send him our bills for snow related expenses....  I hadda buy a new shovel cause the handle on mine couldn't take it anymore.

This morning we had nothing but 2" of slush under 6" of snow.  It was raining for a while yesterday afternoon late so that accounted for the slush which in turn is turning to ice if you didn't get at it....

Mike, my Mom broke her hip when she was 86 or 87 and I kept after her about doing the exercises she had.  She told me at one point, "it hurts too much".  I told her if she wanted to walk again, it HAD to hurt....  She's glad now that she listened to me and she tells other that too.  So when it comes time for him to do his stuff, don't be easy on him!
Remember, LOVE hurts...
"Allis-Express"
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 6:19am
JohnCo I'm already part of the classless suit. Ted Dad is real good about doing his therapy so I think the worst will be he will be a step below where he was. Trust me my Mom will take care of it!
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 6:57am
wishing your dad a speedy and successful recovery. gonna have to let you help now.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:06am
I forgot to wish your dad a quick recovery.  Hopefully he will be up and walking about the time the "pretty" machine is put back in the shed.

Ted, come to think of it, I think we should all get some kind of rebate from Shameless for all the cold and suffering he has caused us!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm
Mike prayers for your Dad's healing and recovery

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

I forgot to wish your dad a quick recovery.  Hopefully he will be up and walking about the time the "pretty" machine is put back in the shed.

Ted, come to think of it, I think we should all get some kind of rebate from Shameless for all the cold and suffering he has caused us!
Who's got the rebate forms??  I'll even put a STAMP on mine!!
"Allis-Express"
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:38am
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Who's got the rebate forms??  I'll even put a STAMP on mine!!
There's a joke behind this, but I'm not tellin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh heck, I am too.....
I'm gettin (got) that old timers disease REALLY BAD,,,,,,,,,,,,or good, depending how you look at it........  anyhow, out of the last 20 (or so) letters, etc. I have put in the mail box,,,,,,,, at least 5 have come back with NO STAMP on em....  How come we still can't have COD??  Or what about if I don't put any return address on em??  Will they still deliver em??
This is getting to the point where it's NOT funny anymore.... one cost me more interest than the stamp was worth!!  Pfffftt.

This sounds good enough to start another thread with and see how many out there gots the same disease.....
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
Ted J it doesn't get any better, just don't be cutting your tongue licking them envelopes
RubyVaughan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyVaughan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:15am
So sorry for your dad
KevinKunchu View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinKunchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:33am
Hey there, sorry to hear about your dad's injury. It sounds like a tough situation, especially with your parents' age. I hope he has a speedy recovery and is back to his old self soon. Injuries from slips and falls like this can be serious, so it's important to make sure that there aren't any other issues that need to be addressed. If your dad has hit his head in the fall, it's a good idea to get a concussion assessment done.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:17am
Prayers from here too, all too easy to catch a slick spot and fall anymore, we are all getting up there where one bad day leads to a hospital stay.  Hoping for the best for your dad!!
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:29am
You do realize this is 4 years old.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:12am
I got suckered in too and realized after the second post. It does bring up a point though. Be careful out there. Snow and ice has a way of getting you when you let your guard down even for just a second.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:52am
Wink Well I hope Rudy and Kevin are dotering old AC lovers just learning this computer confusser stuff.  Confused But someting makes me think other wise.........................but since they DID NOT have link maybe they are Ok.

But I sure hope the dad that fell is all healed, and again ready to shovel snow. Or maybe just cheer the next generation of shovelers on.Smile

Angry Since somebody turned his "pretty machine" loose on the world  again.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:43am
I forgot all about this post. Super surprised  to see it. Hey Dad recovered just fine! The snowblower has been gone for along time now. They live in a twindo so it is done for them. He will be turning 90 soon. Thanks the second round of good wishes. Mike
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:49am
 Glad to hear that all is well
Moderator View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 10:22pm
These were apparently bot posts and I have suspended both accounts. We will look at prevention methods
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic