This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6 foot allis blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mruhlig77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 foot allis blade?
    Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:58am
Schrader auctions have a listing for Feb 23rd at Columbia City that is an oddball to me....looks Allis with adjusting handles ...sorry no link, but easy to find...Mark
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:39am

Link

http://www.schraderauction.com/auctions/7445

Note: large Auction - 347 pictures (Photos)

Edited by Gary - 15 Feb 2019 at 7:49am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:21am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:33am
Waitin' for Fred to weigh in on this....never saw one like that before.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:48am
That is an interesting piece. The back half at least is all Allis/Oxnard. The snap coupler half I'm not sure. Looking in my Oxnard deep tillage tools manual, it shows the toolbar type blade. The toolbar however is different, doesn't have the adjusting handles. It could have been made later than my manual.

I believe that Michael Crowe has a toolbar type Oxnard blade, (or did have). I would like to have one someday to add to the snap-couple collection.
mruhlig77 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mruhlig77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
Is this rear mounted or belly mounted...homemade or adapted...Mark
mruhlig77 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mruhlig77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:09am
Finally found a picture posted in 2011 by Michael Crowe on the forum....searched allis toolbar via Google...early oxnard toolbar blade...
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:28am
Fella I bought my 500 Series Loader from near Wichita a few years back had many versions of A-C/Oxnard blades, hillers and ditchers and most I never knew were made. All were SC and I believe he had some of that version also. He had some interesting stuff that was heavy built, maybe he'll chime in if he sees this.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm
Never ran across one of these, Had a Master  Oxford book that had pictures and parts break downs .Forget who bought that book , when I was trying to thin down collection.
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:07pm
It is home made. The front half is part of a 2 row mounted lister (planter). Came out in 1948 with WD.After 2 years they went with out the levers. A lot better planter. I have several of those early ones.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:52pm
Don(MI) had a thread going back in 2011 about snap-coupler attachments and a picture of that style rear blade was shown.

Can I link to it?

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:23pm
At the big AC auction up here in MI a few years back there was one of those.  I'm guessing, from the interest and bidding that went on for it that is was an original.  I had never seen one until that one, but an avid collector here in MI was in the fray, so I gotta think it was original.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
mruhlig77 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mruhlig77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
Did anyone go to this auction...I had previous commetments...Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic