This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to load pics ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to load pics ?
    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:28pm
I have been tying to load pics of the Allis Chalmers tractors and implements I’ve been acquiring the last 7 years. It keeps telling me the picture size is too large. Do I need to use a 3rd party hosting site ? I’ve taken pics with my iPhone and sent them to my iPad but can’t figure out how to resize them. Any and all help will be appreciated. I’m kind of a new member but been following this site for years and I have gotten tons of info and help and all is much appreciated for my love of the orange. Thanks , Ray

Edited by Grwhthunter - 17 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
Sponsored Links

Orange Glow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:44pm
I had that same problem, also from an IPhone. It was a problem on all three of the forums I’m a member of. One thing I have found that works most of the time is to get on your pictures on your phone, click one, then hit both the home and power buttons at the same time to take a screenshot. The screenshots normally load onto all the forums.
I’m sure there’s a third party place that is good for resizing, but so far I’ve had pretty good luck doing that.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:18pm
I normally download my pictures to my laptop. Right click on the pic and select Open With, select Paint and in the upper left is Resize.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:23pm
I'm not 100% about iPhone but you should be able to open up your camera just like you're going to take a picture and on that screen is a button for the setting and that is were you can change the size but I agree with John to put them on the decktop and resize them.   
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:49pm
On the screen for loading the picture, set the width to 640 and the height to 480 and the web page should take it no matter how big it is and then display it so it can be seen without having to shove the page around while keeping the text at a readable size.

Gerald J.
Grwhthunter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:25am
Thanks for all the responses. I got rid of my laptop when I got my iPad. Will have to ask my Daughter when she comes in to visit from Pittsburgh how to do it on home computer as I never use it. With all the virus protection and such it runs to slow for me so I do everything from my iPad. When I try to upload pics it doesn’t give me a option to change size or anything maybe because I’m on mobile version. I did get a couple of pics on last night by taking a picture of my combine on my phone with the iPad by making pictures bigger. Not the best quality.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:45am
Posting pics on here is nearly an act of god. Myself and others have resorted to joining different Facebook groups. Groups exist for 8000, 6000, 100 and 200 series, D-17’s and multiple Gleaner groups. It would be nice if the mods pulled their heads out of the rear and updated the site.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

On the screen for loading the picture, set the width to 640 and the height to 480 and the web page should take it no matter how big it is and then display it so it can be seen without having to shove the page around while keeping the text at a readable size.

Gerald J.

If you preview a large picture, before posting, it shows the width and height of that picture and you have to maintain  the ratio of those 2 numbers or the picture will be distorted.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 18 Jan 2019 at 8:51am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
I have trouble when I take pics with my phone. I email them to my computer, save and then resize and post. For some reason the pics will be sideways or upside down even though they are right when I select them. When I use a camera I don’t have this problem
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Posting pics on here is nearly an act of god. Myself and others have resorted to joining different Facebook groups. Groups exist for 8000, 6000, 100 and 200 series, D-17’s and multiple Gleaner groups. It would be nice if the mods pulled their heads out of the rear and updated the site.

"Mods" have real lives other than this forum and it has been stated before that this forum is based on something that can't be changed easily.
 Maybe if your head was free from darkness, you could start your own forum and show us how it SHOULD work.
 THANKS Darin for everything we do have here!

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 18 Jan 2019 at 8:49am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

"Mods" have real lives other than this forum and it has been stated before that this forum is based on something that can't be changed easily.
 Maybe if your head was free from darkness, you could start your own forum and show us how it SHOULD work.

X2!!! Some of really appreciate your work Darrin!

Some people are, at best, unappreciative and maybe just plain rude !

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
Back to the original topic, I find that I have better results posting photos, by clicking on the "POST REPLY" tab, than by using the "QUICK REPLY" tab.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 11:01am
I use a photo resizer app called "photo resizer HD" I also use "imgur"  as my 3rd party hosting site. wrote some instructions for it on here a week or so ago. yes 640 x 480 is a pretty good size. good luck. dont give up! we like the pictures!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:28pm
Thanks again for responses. I’m just a old redneck
and dumb grunt and not computer savvy. I can tear anything apart and most of the time fix it and get it back together again and working. And I did say most of the time. My wife bought me the iPad so I can play online as they are easy to operate. It doesn’t give me the option to change anything or preview a pic until I load it. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I am going to keep trying as I am a persistent individual when I want to do something. And I also really appreciate this site and all it’s wonderful members as many of you have really helped me out by sharing your vast knowledge. I only hope that I can return the favor. Thanks again, Ray
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm
I use paint to do mine, and the PERFECT size for ALL forums is 640 x 480 and that's what I have used for years with no problem!
I used to use photobucket, but had to quit when they wanted $400 a year to host my pix.! Thanks' ac fleet
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm
Second one to recommend paint so I’m gonna look it up and see if I can get it on my iPad. Thanks , Ray
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:32pm
I do NOT resize before uploading to here, I do that AFTER I've selected the picture ( green tree ) and resize to 640 wide, 480 tall. That's the VGA standard. Please see Cloudy sleeping on my chair picture....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm
Jay , I saw what you posted and the pic. When I click on the green tree it asks me for image and I select photos. It opens up for me to pick from camera or pics on my device which is my iPad. Then it has me select one of my pics so I click on the one I want. Then it doesn’t give me any options like preview or adjust it only goes to upload photo. When I upload it says I’m too big and says cancel. Am I doing something wrong or is it because it’s a iPhone or iPad. When I checked online it says you can’t adjust the pics on those devices. Thanks again , Ray
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

X3
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:21pm
Ok, I just did this...
...clokc on post reply
...clicked on 'grn tree'
I get a box with a list of all the pictures I've previously uploaded and right side  of 'image options'
I chose a file ( cloudy5.jpg)
then editted width to be 640, height 480
click 'OK'.

I'm thinking you're trying to upload and post at the same time?

Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:24pm

OK, this one chose to upload from my computer, it was already 640x480.
Jay

victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:46pm
Original poster wanted to know post pics how post pics I gave him the simplest answer.   I know of two others that left this site do the poor pic set up. Both of them have impressive orange line ups. Websites are like farms and everything else you need to change with the times.

My wife has a bachelor degree in computer science and shakes her head at the process.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
Looks like he got the picture loading thing figured out! Nice tractors!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:20pm
Yes thanks everyone I got it figured out. Watch out I gotta lot of pics and more to take !!
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm
How do you insert more than one pic in a single reply?

I select "insert image" and I can choose file from my computer, but if I go to choose another it erases the first selection. 
I hope you can understand what I mean...I'm not good at explaining it.

That's why I have been doing multiple replies with just a single pic in each one.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:53pm
After I load one pic I just click load image again. It did erase mine a couple of times but I just went and re-added them. I really don’t know what I’m doing half the time on my iPad. Maybe someone here knows why it does it. Good luck ! Thanks Ray
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:15am
While the loggin photo was a direct upload from my computer(1st time I'd done t that way..), Cloudy, the cat is  a 'transfer' from my file of photos I've got stored on Darrins computer. I've always uploaded a picture to the storage area.It's 80MB ,so 240 pix in VGA size can be stored ! When I post  a picture, I get it from here NOT my PC.Couple good things about this are 1) I can store pix HERE and not have to try to find on my PC. 2) there's a copy of the pix, so I CAN find here, if my PC kkraps out, 3 ) free 'offsite' storage of pix(or files) for WHEN my PC kkraps out.
While the proceedure may not be 'up to date',it's been 100% reliable for me for years. If it ain't broke , it don't need fixin !

Jay

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic