This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6G, frame spread, semi urgency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6G, frame spread, semi urgency
    Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:46pm
Hi guys & gals,

If you read my other post you will note that im doing some work inside the dash pod. I began by removing the hood. However the hood was not bolted directly to the plate (that bridges across the loader lift arms) because it would not line up. The previous owner had added an extension plate.

Also the left to right tie plate itself, where it bolts to the lifting arms apears to have some recessed pockets where it would appear that the washer or large flange of a bolt would center the plate perfectly over the hole in the lift arm tabs. Instead a generic bolt and fender washer are at the corner of the hole on both sides.

All this leads me to believe that the lift arms of the loader are spreading apart inthe left right direction. The extension of the hood leads me to believe that the frame is bent front to back.

Now all that said, this thing looks to be made of metal so thick that 8 doubt is could bend. So i have two questions:

1) there are threaded cross bars with turbuckles on the ends and a jam nut. Can these be used to bring the loader lift arms closer together such that the tie plate from left to righ wil bolt up properly? And if so, how is tension added? Im used to a flat on the shaft that can be turned with a wrench so the opposite cut threads on each turnbuckle will be brough together. However there is no flat on these bars? I doubt pliers are going to grip enough to turn them. So how does one turn them?

2) I also dont think the tractor has stretch longer either, so im wondering. When its properly bolted to the support discussed in question one, how mach space should there be between the lip of the front support and the edge of the hood? There is a shelf of that radiator support to hold the hood up, but im actualy talking about a decorative lip cast into the support that appears as though its made to mate up with the edge of the hood.

As usual, thanks everyone for any advice you can offer.

Sincerely,

Leo
New HD6G owner.
Sponsored Links

Leop View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 3:15pm
Thanks everyone. We had a string of storms out here that have had me cooked up inside, so not much to post.

I do have some pictures finally since 100% of my questions have multiple request for them. Just warning you, she ain't pretty. Now i just need to find a place to host them.

Leo
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
I think that if the bar was a big turnbuckle, the bolts on opposite sides would have opposite threads.  If both are right hand thread, then its just an adjustable spacer bar, that allows you some adjustment, on each side, to draw in the tops, to square things up...Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic