This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OT: Simplicity Legacy XL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT: Simplicity Legacy XL
    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:41pm
I know it's a bit off topic, but I also know a lot of us AC guys have stuck with Simplicity. I'm looking for opinions on the Legacy XL's. I'm looking to purchase something in that class with a deck and front end loader. Curious as to how those who have them like them and their longevity, or if I should be looking for something from another manufacturer. Probably looking at a new bigblock Vanguard or a used diesel in 4WD. Thanks Guys!
Sponsored Links

1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:51pm
I see you want a front loader and want to stay in the AGCO family. Have you looked at the Massey Ferguson GC series sub compacts? They are a very good tractor, very powerful, give you more loader capacity than the Simplicity and are still very good mowers that do no turf damage.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 10:17am
Thanks - I took your advice and stopped by one yesterday. They do seem like pretty nice units. My one reservation is parts support for older machines. I’m hoping to have it for 20+ years, and have heard some locals say they can’t get parts for their smaller Massey’s. Not sure if this is an AGCO thing, or related to whomever Massey had build them (similar to the AC 5020, 5030, and 6140 issue). Thoughts?
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 11:12am
I have honestly never heard any issues of support for the Massey's. Likely just the dealer in your area? Iseki has been making these for Massey for many years.
But I do know around here Massey has started doing like many other brands.....closing all the small single mom and pop shops because they now want you to have 3 or more locations to be a dealer. Mack, Freightliner, etc are all like this now too.

The only problem I had is the closest Massey dealer to me is 4 hours away. So I bought a Kubota which is also a very good tractor and I have a very good Kubota dealer. And I ended up going a bit bigger than these models.
Otherwise I started out wanting a Massey.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 11:15am
The other good thing about these is if you get a chance to try them along with other brands.....these GC's will lift themselves off the ground at idle with the hydraulics.
They are one of the strongest in the sub-compact class.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic