This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belly mount sickle mower drive /WD45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belly mount sickle mower drive /WD45
    Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:41pm
Respected AC members,  We have a nice WD45 on our rifle range used for cutting brush with a woods mower.  We have our eye on a international  belly mount sickle mower set up for a WD45 except the tractor is sold (estate sale no address on purchaser) and the hook up to the PTO wen't with it.  Non of us have any idea how the hook up to this right side shaft is driven.  Could you guys help?  I expect it is specific to AC WD45 and is probably a covered twin gear or pulley reversing the PTO output to forward.  I am familiar with the output shaft for the PTO and the extension that takes it to the draw bar.  Help?  Need a number or name so we can find one.   Found little to no refernce to this part on this web forum. 

Maybe an easier question would be how are the 80 and 82S driven right off  the tractor
Thanks for your help, Merry Christmas.
Dave

Edited by DaveMN - 09 Dec 2018 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:21am

This will give you a general idea of how power is delivered from the PTO to the 82S mower.
DaveMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:43am
Thanks Brian, I have the large picture showing the Tractor /w the sickle bar but I didn't have the smaller detail of the connection to the drive.  Pretty standard, drive setup. Does this setup have a name?  So I can inquire about/for one.  Does anyone have a larger picture showing the supporting structure to the tractor in case I have to fab one.  Does anyone have a copy of the 80s or 82s manual? provided it is in the manual.

Hope I don't sound to needy.
Dave

Edited by DaveMN - 10 Dec 2018 at 9:10am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:24am
It is in the parts book as well. Let me know your mailing address and I’ll copy a few pages
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DaveMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:46pm
Paul,
I ran across some references to AGCO on this site pertaining to diagrams of farm implements and machinery.  I went there and low and behold there was a super detailed illustration of every component regarding the rear drive of all models of the 80 and 82s including the rear drive and its mounting.  
Thanks for your help.   
Merry Christmas  
Dave  

tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:19pm
Go to the John Deere parts website and look up the No. 10 Deere sickle bar mower. Look at drives for the two cylinder tractors. I have a bunch of that stuff here if you think it could be made to work. I will be gone for the next week but you can call me at 608-623-2851 next week if any of that would work. Tom
DaveMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:32am
Tom, thanks for the info, I'll take a look at them and try to figure it out.  Thanks for your help.  Merry Christmas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic