This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another,,,
    Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:55pm
Yep, another C.  But this one has a B/C Mower on it.  I'll be picking it up sometime this week.  It's in GREAT shape!!  NEVER been left outside and well taken care of.  He's the second owner (Dad was 1st) and I am HAPPY!!

Anybody have a B/C mower manual??
Anybody ever taken one of these mowers and put it on a CA?  That's what I want to do.... I think the hand clutch will come in handy doing it.  I already have a PTO sleeve that will take it from 1-1/8 to 1-3/8.
Just hoping somebody else has done this.

I'm running out of room in my pole shed........
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:05pm
Ted you need a bigger barn! Post some pics.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 4:21pm
I have the L306 on my narrow from CA and love it! Though I don’t use the hand clutch as much as intisipated. The 4sp, adjustment wheels, and narrow front are this biggest advantage. It also has more power than the belt can take. I would try what you have 1st and see how you like it, may do what you want and be able to use the CA for other work. Not sure how wide your deck is, I’d want the tires inside for sure. Best of luck with you new mowing machine!!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 4:38pm
The B/C mower hangs off the hoop draw bar your CA dos the have one and the wheel base is about 4" longer when you put a C drawbar on a CA it sticks out past the platform support. I put one on when my CA was missing the drawbar. I don't think the B/C mounts would be long enough.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 5:50pm
Just send me that address, I'll pick it up for ya buddy.
Maximum use of available resources!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

I have the L306 on my narrow from CA and love it! Though I don’t use the hand clutch as much as intisipated. The 4sp, adjustment wheels, and narrow front are this biggest advantage. It also has more power than the belt can take. I would try what you have 1st and see how you like it, may do what you want and be able to use the CA for other work. Not sure how wide your deck is, I’d want the tires inside for sure. Best of luck with you new mowing machine!!
I am talking about the B/C sickle mower, not the belly mower.  I also took my L306 off the C and put it on one of my CA's.  I use the hand clutch a LOT!  I've got a lot of (wife's junk) to go around so I use that.  I don't have ANY problems with the belt.  I had it on the C for a number of years and now 2 years on the CA.  Still looks like new.  You HAVE to keep it TIGHT!!

Originally posted by Dakota Dave Dakota Dave wrote:

The B/C mower hangs off the hoop draw bar your CA dos the have one and the wheel base is about 4" longer when you put a C drawbar on a CA it sticks out past the platform support. I put one on when my CA was missing the drawbar. I don't think the B/C mounts would be long enough.
Thanks for the info Dave.  I'm thinking I can use the bail from the pin hitch setup to make something work off of that.  I'll have to do a lot of measuring and see what I can come up with.
I would have thought that somebody would have already done this, use the B/C Sickle mower on a CA....

Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Just send me that address, I'll pick it up for ya buddy.
I really appreciate that JW, but it's only a few miles away and I'm going tomorrow morning so you don't need to make the trip.  Thanks anyway though.....Big smile
"Allis-Express"
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:24am
Ted would it happen to be a 1948?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:01am
Ted I have a book and it looks like the back of the mower mounts hang off of the lift arms. We are trying to figure out how to scan and send a pic. Randy
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by mdm1 mdm1 wrote:

Ted would it happen to be a 1948?
Yep Mike, it's a 48.  So you found the ad huh?  I got it for 500 less than they were asking.  I forgot to take pics dang it.  And it's up at the farm already.  I'll try and remember to get pics next time I go up.  It was dark out when I got it up there.  It's in GREAT shape except for the radiator.
It's a long story, but here goes....
The farmer was trying to pull his stuck WD out of the mud and he killed then engine on his B.  So he went and got his 190XT and coming down the hill it slide out from under him and he ran a bale spear through the radiator on the B.  He was by himself and he needed to get the B back up the hill and into the barn.  He NEVER let his tractors sit outside.  So, he goes back up to the barn and steals the radiator out of his C which has the sickle mower on it and puts it into the B to get it home.  Thus, I need a radiator....

So, if you ever hear a story about some guy running a bale spear through his radiator, you'll know he's telling the truth.
"Allis-Express"
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 2:40pm
Yes Ted ours hung off the lift arms. I have the mower that I ran as a kid on the Ca mowing hay except it has set out and is rusted tight.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:56am
If it hangs of the lift arms that's a #5 and it was designed for the CA. Looks like a B/C mower but designed to fit the CA.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:23am
To put a B/C mower onto a CA will be a challenge to your fabricating skills. I have 2 #5 mowers that you can have if you come pick them up. Then you could use your B/C for the parts you’ll need. The #5 was made to fit the B&C tractors with the proper mounting package, althought the B/C wasn’t made to mount on a CA.

Edited by PaulB - 13 Dec 2018 at 7:23am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Paul, are you coming to the GOTO in Union Grove in 2019?
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic