This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smart phone time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smart phone time
    Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:21am
Anybody having trouble with the time being right on their phone? There have been several folks around here having issues with the time on their phone being off by exactly 5 hours, me included. My FIL has the same thing going on with his flip phone so it's not a smart phone thing. My wife and MIL aren't having this issue but several others on Facebook are according to my wife. Any of y'all have this issue or is it just here?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:33am
Not having it nor have heard of anyone having it around here or on FB.  I did notice some messages on my phone about time zone updates or something like that.  I ignored them so they musta updated itself.  Maybe you got blown to a different time zone when that hurricane came thru a while back!?!? LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:37am
There was a crack in the space time continuum the middle of last week.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:57am
A crack???? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I wonder how big a crack has to be to change by exactly 5 hours?

You could be right John. I guess we're somewhere around England now
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:18am
Sounds like they're just losing their time zone setting. All time zones around the world are set off of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and being on the east coast you would be GMT-5 hours.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:22am
my fwip phone has been off 5 hours since we got it, Verizon staff reset it, and the next day it was back...off by 5 hours, then last week it was off by 6 hours, but it was sporadic, i just checked, and right now it's the right time
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:30pm
Shameless, Shameless,,,,you been going to visit John and getting into some of that cash crop?  Whew!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:15am
Sounds like some of the phones are picking up GMT or Zulu time which is what the aviation industry uses. I still wear a watch and never check the time on my phone.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 6:01am
heck I don't even wear a watch and KNOW what time it is....
sun's up....get doing somthin
sun's high... go eat
when it's hovering over the birch trees, it's about 4-4:30.
sun's setting...time to call it quits, outdoors

as for the phone..the 'smart' phone thinks you're in England. 'Somewhere' you have to say WHERE YOU ARE ( location)  so it will figure out the local time (GMT+- hrs). On a PC running Windoze, it's pretty easy to adjust. If it was a truly SMART phone, it'd take the GPS data and decide what friggin timezone you're in. I cut that code for a microcomputer system that controls lights in a henhouse. The easy code was figuring out sunrise and sunset but needed GPS to make a 'universal' device,that automatically adjusts where the henhouse is in the World. Hens lay more egggs ,cause there's more 'sunlight'.
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:22am
I don't think it's a case of the phone not knowing where I am because it changes back and forth all day long. I look once and it'll be right then a free minutes later it's of by 5 hours again. I figured it's something going on with the network around here.

Jay, are you saying you helped with programming the controllers for hen houses? If so, which controllers did you work on? Rotem, Choretime, Cumberland?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic