This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis CP 60 forklifts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis CP 60 forklifts?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:06pm
Hey all,

Found a Allis CP60 forklift, its LP, and it looks somewhat newer.

Can someone tell me more about them? Good units? How compact and manueverable? I am debating about putting some pallet racking up in the shop, and was wondering how clumsy this unit would be.

How worthless are they traction wise in a yard? I know it wont do much, but will it go on a graveled driveway out to the county road to grab a pallet off a truck?

Roughly what would one weigh? I am curious if it can be hauled on a 14K GVWR Gooseneck, or will I have to grab it with a big truck? I assume if it can go on the goose, it would be best to take some planks along to spread the weight across multiple crossmembers?

Any input appreciated,
Thanks!
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:53pm
I assume it has pneumatic duallies on the drive axle which is very helpful around the yard if it's not paved. If you have loose gravel they get stuck very fast - packed gravel no problem. It's the steering tires being below the counterweight that get you in trouble. Steering too sharp on less than packed gravel should be avoided.  I was very impressed how my A-C 40's with solid tires navigated on gravel and even packed dirt.
I don't know the exact weight of the CP 60 but its category of size should be OK on your 14K gooseneck and yes planks, heavy plywood or good steel plate to distribute weight really helps... especially on the steering end.
If it checks out to be a good unit and the price is right I'd say go for it! You'll likely be very happy using it.
Eric
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 12:48am
It has solid single fronts, so not very big. (its the one on the right)

Also, what vintage is this unit?

Edited by GM Guy - 30 Nov 2018 at 12:51am

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm
Looks good, it's even got side shift. I'd guess it was made in the late 70's or early 80's. What is the asking price or did you already buy it?
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 3:03am
Its coming up on auction. I am thinking anything under a grand is plenty worthwhile.

I assume it will be pretty maneuverable?

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
I trust you get a chance to preview including starting and checking all the functions... and if there are any serious oil leaks. If it checks out good it will be a miracle if you can get it for under $1000. If it's a local auction with limited exposure it may sell cheap. Good luck... if it's decent I'd go two grand for myself no problem.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:41am
Today could be your lucky day, GM guy! Plus a trip to Reno to pick it up. Maybe get lucky enough in Reno to make everything free! Darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
just the masts bring over a grand by themselves
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:28pm
Well come on GM guy. Don't leave us hanging. Did you get it.....? Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic