This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD16DC 6 hours test drive.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD16DC 6 hours test drive.
    Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:05am
I have been testing my old 16’ and added 6 hours to the hourmeter, it’s all satisfying and it’s not leaking (yet)

Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:17am
That is great! Did you do a sea foam engine oil treatment? Engine fuel treatment?
Morten.have View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:15am
I did fill the no 1 cylinder with 100 celsius degrees 5w-20 engine oil (the thinnest I could get) and let it stand for the weekend over, all the oil was drained to the crankcase, then I changed the oil and run the engine warm then a oil change again. It’s a lot better now, but I’m not sure that is totally over. It’s smoking a bit blue when cold but I hope that it’s some oil rest in the system.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:30am
It’ really have som push power but the nose is heavy! I need a weight block in the rear.
Ready and cleaned for the ship project tomorrow I’m very excited.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:10am
Morten, it's great to see you and the machine both running well!  How far will the dozer be hauled to the ship?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:45am
It’s about 75 kilometers from my home, I normally move it by my tractor and lowboy but it’s to faraway, and the harbor have some emissions restrictions for road vehicles, so I have hired a trucker
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:02pm
Great pics of your 16 pushing Morten. Looks great. Glad you are back.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 3:55am
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:36am
Good job and good luck on the job Morten. Be safe.
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:24am
Morton your HD 16 is looking good!
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:30am
Enjoy your pictures .Keep them coming.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:36am
On it's way!  Hope to see pictures of it being lowered into the hold of the ship.  Are most of the truck tractors over there cabovers?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:28am
Yesterday the harbor Pro Welder Have welding in some certificate lifting points on the machine, and today they foto (X-Ray) the weldings, it’s the harbors requires.

We only have cab over trucks over here and mostly northern brands like Scania and Volvo’s I only have knowledge of one us truck over here and it’s because I repair the cat engine, I have borrowed it when I was hauling my old cat dump truck. Se the pic.

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:39am
Thank you for sharing the experience Morten.

I love cab overs. I was trained on a Ford Cabover. A CL 9000.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic