This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA govenor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53 ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA govenor
    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
I have gotten my dads 53 CA and it is given me some fits. Was running good untill I split it to install new rear main seal. Now when you have it idling and go to speed it up it jumps to about three quarters throttle just by moving level one notch.When mowing with it govenor works as should. Had govenors apart and didnt see anything wrong. Nothing broken or binding up. I do not remember it being like that before I split it. What am I missing?
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:21pm
Did you figure it out yet?
Maybe the good DrAllis or PaulB will see it...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
53 ca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53 ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 8:21pm
No not yet, took a break over weekend. My first thought was govenors had broken or just can apart .But all looks good to me. Not sure where to go from here.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:34pm
You sure that the throttle linkage is all back were is was before you split the tractor.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:30pm

Hope this helps

Copied from the Allis Chalmers Knowledge Means Power Farm Equipment Service Manual Models G, B-C, CA Tractors Form SM-3

Install housing assembly and connect control rod and oil line. Then before connecting the carburetor link rod, place throttle hand lever in the open position and adjust govenor cross shaft by bending until the carburetor link rod is 1/16" too short when the carburetor throttle valve is held in the wide open position and connect link rod to cross shaft. Adjust the spring anchor by bending in or out until a slight amount of spring tension is present when the throttle lever is placed in the idle position.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
53 ca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53 ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 7:28pm
All is as it was before splitting tractor. Will have to try adjusting rods as you talked about. Probably try this Saturday AM. Will also keep eye on here to see what else is suggested. Thanks for info will let you know what "fixes" it.
53 ca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53 ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 10:39am
Adjusted throttle linkage this morning as per Chaskaduos instructions and that looks to have "fixed" the problem. I was tinkering with other things on it as well later on and had it running in the shop worked as should. Will get tractor out sometime later on to "field" check it . THANKS for the advice.

Rod was about one eighth long bent to one sixteenth short. Not sure why it changed BUT works now.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 11:13am
Super, I hope it passes the field test for you.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic