This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 xt hydraulic line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 xt hydraulic line
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:49pm
So the line that runs from the pump along the bottom of the radiator and up to the cooling fins has a major leak in it. Does anybody have one that I could get?
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:53pm
Take it off and repair with bronze.     MACK
spencefarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm
Ok. That works! I'm thinking about putting a 72 inch bucket on the loader. Would that be too much for it?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:27pm
I have an 8 foot bucket on mine. Handles it fine.
A few years back, a guy on the forum here had several of those lines that you are talking about made up, and he sold them. I bought one of them on a whim that I might need it some day. I needed it. I think that the guy who had them made was Jim Wenig. If it was him, maybe he'll chime in. Darrel
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:35pm
I did as Mack says and when I put it back on I split a piece of heater hose and put around it where it goes under radiator. Been working for years
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:59pm
I did have 5 of those made and sold all. Mine were for the earlier 190's (Prior to s/n 23001) with the smaller cooler up front. The later 190's had a larger cooler mounted in the same location, which used a different line. The lines did have a section of rubber hose where it passed under the radiator. That's where dirt and debris built up and combined with moisture eventually rusted the steel tube enough that it ruptured. I believe someone was looking for this same tube earlier this year. I suggested to send the old one to Mid State Sales in Columbus, OH get 5 made and sell the rest on this site. That made the price very reasonable. The line I had made was P/N 70246307.
spencefarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:56pm
Does it get too hot in that area too just replace it with a normal flexible hydralic hose?
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 5:18am
No, I think steel was used just to keep things neat and orderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic