This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Brake Rod Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Brake Rod Removal
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:19am
and Install

My brake rods were put on the wrong sides.  In trying to get the adjustable one off the right side I broke it.  I have a new one that I picked up at Hutch an want to put it on the left side where it belongs.
My problem?    I'm glad you asked! Clap

What is the easiest way to get them on and off without tearing everything apart.

Is it easiest to take these off? Question
2    70225240    1    SUPPORT ASY., guard, R.H.
6    70225238    1    SUPPORT ASY., guard, L.H.

Thanks!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 4:28pm
Ted, cutting touch. -> 
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:43pm
pumpkinman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pumpkinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:57pm
looeen adj screw  take pin out of pedel end support goose up use two lg, screw drivers priy them apart
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:33am
Originally posted by pumpkinman pumpkinman wrote:

looeen adj screw  take pin out of pedel end support goose up use two lg, screw drivers priy them apart
THANKS Kent!!  I used a couple of pry bars and got it done. Clap

Now the next hard part is that the RIGHT side pedal WILL NOT come off.  The retaining nut and pointed screw came out really easily, but the pedal is SOLID on the shaft.  I've tried heat and pounding to try and get it off, with NO luck.  What a PITA!! Angry

Thanks to Alex09(WI) who is sending me a new pedal and I'm going to cut the old one off.  Unless somebody knows some kind of a trick to do this?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic