This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50 years ago
    Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:52pm
Happened to realize that Mar 22, 1968, left home for my southeast Asia vacation, I didn't think I was that old.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:06pm
vacations are all right.......... but SEA aint high on MY list !  Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:31pm
Well Mr. Miller, thank  you for taking that vacation and for everything you did relative to that vacation.  Also glad you came home again..
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:40pm
Thank you for your service! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:08pm
Thank you for your service
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:43pm
Yes thank you
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:07pm
Yes, Thank you.
Last week was the anniversary of my wife's BIL earning a Bronze Star....I didn't know that unlit last week! He never talked about it. I know he suffered tremendously over the whole experience mentally.
Freedom isn't free! many pay for it for the rest of us, some pay all
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:27am
thank you for helping to protect my fat a$$! and also glad you came back to us too!
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:51am
Thank You Mr. Miller. I started my Sea tours in March 1969. Final trip was in 1975. Never lost anything there and not going back.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:20am

Well,,Mr Miller,,,many "Thank You's" for your service back and sure glad you came back safely,,,,!!
I volunteered for the Navy thru their "Buddy-Buddy Plan" right after graduating in 1965 and after a big send off, they shipped 8 of us to the induction center for physicals. I was the only'ist one they sent back home cause I failed the hearing test,,,,,,3 times. Of the 7 that did go thru,,,1 of our Buddies did not come home,,,him being the first Viet Nam casualty from New Mexico,,,and he was only 17,,having forgot his age when he volunteered as a junior in High School,,,,
Our second oldest Son has been in the Air Force since 1990 and has done two 1 year tours in South Korea and Germany and we are on pins and needles every day till he comes home. Freedom is NOT "FREE"
Without becoming plumb political,,I just cannot understand how some people are SO against our military, yet,,,don't mind taking advantage of the freedoms our military allows them to have,,,,
I read something the other day,,"THOSE THAT WANT TO CONDEMM OUR FLAG, HAVE NEVER HAD A FOLDED ONE HANDED TO THEM",,,OK,,,I'm done.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:09am
DesertJoe,  I agree 100%.  I say "love it or leave it".   I love all our heroes and thank my lucky stars and Almighty God for the privilege of living in the greatest country ever.  I thank all who have served.  I spent 2 years in the army stationed at Ft Carson, got out in May of 65,  My company was shipped to Vietnam shortly afterward.  I still wonder why I was not extended.  My grandson is stationed in Germany,  gets out in 6 months.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:30am
Tim, THANK YOU for your service. A trip to SEA was not much of a vacation. I joined the Air Force in 1970 after college but never was sent over there.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:33am
Mr. Miller, 
Thank you for your service to our country.
Brian
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:39am
I, too thank you for your service. Also, agree with the other posts. Darrel
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:52am
Well Mr Miller i think you did a couple of things poorly when you were on vacation there.  Wink

You did not end that affair and you left a lot of black label steeping in the hot sun.  I will always remember how that stuff would boil out of the can when you popped the top in 69 and 70.

Welcome Home to you and the rest of the brothers.

Edited by Dave H - 24 Mar 2018 at 7:58am
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:00pm
Thanks for the kind words and acknowledgments, there are many of us that answered the call because it was the right thing to do.  All the wounds incurred there were not evident immediately when we returned, as in the effects of exposure to agent orange and other chemical and emotional experiences.                                                                               I am thankful for those who serve today and continue to protect the freedoms we enjoy today.  I could get off on a rant about those who disrespect the flag and National Anthem, but wrong forum section.  God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tim
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:50pm
AMEN Tim.  Thank you for your service also.  We are finally being recognized instead of the *&*$()@ that we were handed when we came home.  Too many scars and too many kids who never got back.  GOD BLESS this nation once again....PLEASE
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:37pm
Mr Miller I arrived at DaNang in March of 1965
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:59pm
Add me to your thank you list. Never thanked anyone for going on a vacation before. Doesn't sound like anything I would want to do, but thank you for giving your time.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
Thank you for your service, Mr. Miller! 
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:27am
A big THANK YOU!! to all who have served.  Thumbs UpThumbs Up
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic