This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.C. 416S transmission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.C. 416S transmission
    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 3:22pm
Hello all and thank you in advanced for the help.
I have a A.C. 416S and have issues with my reverse. She goes forwards in all gears but no reverse. I've searched high and low on the forum to see if anyone has had the same problems but had no luck. I was wondering if any of you all might have a picture diagram of how all the linkages and belts are installed and a break down of the transmission and pulley system ect....
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 6:39pm
PM a e-mail ,I will send you how to adjust ,I will scan the section of my service  manual ,that has all adjustment
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
UnderDawg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 8:51am
Thank you Fred for your quick help. By looking at the pictures you sent me it looks like I'm missing the inner brake pad assembly and outer brake band and rod.
I will have to look again just to make sure. For a free a free vintage garden tractor I can't complain.
jeff.spiers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff.spiers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:08pm
Good day! Just wondering how you made out with your reverse issue. Mine barely moves on a flat and not on a hill. Fine forward in all gears?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic