This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5020 tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5020 tires
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:04am
I recently picked up a nice little 5020 2wd with turf tires(13.6 X 16). I'm wanting to go to Ag tires, but want something a little bigger than the 9.4 X 24 they would come with. It looks like the 4wd used 11.2. I don't have rear rims, or centers, so would need those too. There's a tire place in Tn selling rims and tires already mounted on ebay, looks like a nice way to go. They offer a set of 380/70 X 20 Alliance, which would look really good on there. I may be using it to mow a hillside, so the width would be nice. Would be nice to find some old 18.4 X 16 bar tires, but I think they were 16.1, and have read that they do not interchange. Would be nice to be able to use the wheels I currently have. I'd like to see some pics of wider ag tires if anyone's done this. Or what sizes are others putting on these? Thanks for any advice!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Sponsored Links

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:06am
We used 12.4 X16 R1 on same rime as turfs. And was great tire on that size tractor. https://www.tires-easy.com/12.4-16/titan-tires/tru-power-r-1/tirecode/423383
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:07am
wouldn't that be even smaller than the turfs at 13.6? I'd like to get a taller tire on it.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:47am
12.4 X 16's would be same ht. but much better tire! If your wanting taller then you have to buy new rims and centers and be lots of $$$$$$ And no wide ag treads in taller 24'' tires that would fit it. 5030 used 11.2 24's and we have used 12.4 24" on them with out mid mower! As larger tires don't work with mid mowers either!!!
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:32am
I've been thinking about 11.2 X 24, or even 12.4 X 24. Looks like they would fit, and I don't have a mid mount mower for it. I have my 720 for that. Which brings up another point, it looks like the same mower is used on the 720 as the 5020 in pics I've seen. Is it just a different hitch/mule drive assembly? Or is the mower slightly different? I'm sure Simplicity built them all.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:31pm
Another option since you don't have mid mower would be 420-70-24 R4 Industrial tire but it's more costly!! 12.4's you should be able to find. One's off 25-40 hp Kubota L series are same bolt pattern. As for mower, I was thinking it was a little different? You can ask Brenda at Sandy Lake on it.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:09pm
thanks for the input. I'm not concerned enough to bother Brenda, just curious if anyone already knew. I want to keep ag pattern, not a fan of the industrial backhoe tires. Seems like tires are the easy part, the wheels may be my hiccup. Be nice if someone wanted to swap lol! Some have a large pilot, some small, some 4 lug front, some 6. Jeez!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:58pm
wow, looked at the 12.4 X 16 on miller tire web site, and that is a nice looking tire, and will fit on the rim I already have. That may be the route I end up taking. Thanks for the advice Jeff!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:37am
Ed,check with Tucker tire in west Tn ,they used to get some Kubota take offs. Scott
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:33pm
Thanks Scott. That is who I was referring to on Ebay.
Margoman82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margoman82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:34pm
Does anyone have any pictures of the ag tires discussed here on their 5020? I have a 5020, and want to put ag tires on it as well. Thanks
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:24am
There are lots of different size 16.1 tires with AG tread. look on Self propelled haybines. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 8:29pm
InjumpED:  Recommend discussing this with M.E. Miller Tire. 

Although they have a website, they are good folks to discuss rim and tire options with.  Had a good experience with them when I changed over my tires and rims on my 621 forklift. 

Good Luck with your project!  ~ Orangeman
Margoman82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margoman82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:48pm
Ok thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic