This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

h-3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acjwb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h-3
    Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:16am
I recently bought a h-3 gas dozer that was without the hood.  Is the hood off a d-15 the same? 
Sponsored Links

kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:22am
yes
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:44am
I don't believe so. There was a thread a while back with the measurements on the length of the hood. If I remember right, an H3 hood is like one inch shorter than a D15. Search it.
1961 H3
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 5:44am
I posted on the earlier thread but don't remember the exact measurements now, but for sure the  H-3 hood is shorter than the D-15.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:37am
Yes, the H3 hood is shorter.  I think it is 38.25 where the D15 hood is 39.75 or something like that.  Basically you could take a d15 hood and make it work on a h3 or hd3 by making it shorter.   If you find any hood panels for your H3 that are for a HD3 send them my way as I am still looking for a set for my HD3.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic