This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Fat ALLIS' did good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Fat ALLIS' did good
    Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:25pm
My old 7G got a good workout the last two days, got 90% of the remnant spoil pile from the foundation hole spread out and moved, will post photos as soon as can get them loaded. Less than 1/2 tank used for a full day and a half run time hard pushing and moving.
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:00pm
yer a proud daddy!
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:29am
Good to hear your finally getting a good run out of your 7G
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:13am
Took long enough, hard road to hoe when someone mistreats a old machine and you find out after purchase.

Slowly the bugs work out, I still have to charge batteries from time to time as the wiring and old generator are a mess, there are days!

Moved and shaped out close to 30 yards of spoil, filled in two terrace ends where they held water close to the new home so I can fence across and our mutts won't get out or wet and expand home yard, cleaned off the area I had used for the spoil pile and started moving materials around the septic tank.

Actually almost stuck the old girl, was trying to level the fill in one of the trenches, right rail began sinking and with shovel up got worse, laid the shovel down teeth up as a skid plate and drove it out, will leave it dry a few weeks before I try that again. Had it down in the muck almost to the top rollers.

Replacement trans does have some slippage, will be going into the pulled box this winter to see if can rebuild it, need to spend some time in the right final and swing the rails I have sitting in the shed, just no time right now, weather is good and time to get some work done.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:50am
I bet it's a great load off to have the house finished!  Can't wait to see a picture next summer after all the landscaping is growing.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:05pm
Not actually 'finished' just finished enough to get moved in to finish it out. Still have the garage to add on as soon as the old house check goes in the bank.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:42pm
I know your pain im moving now just cleared 5 acres and the house is finished but all the other stuff is taking its time like trying to get the lights hooked from the temp pole to the house before the trees I left were no problem but there a problem
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 7:12pm
DMiller:  Admire how you worked through the transmission and pump issue's.  Many would have folded the cards.  

Glad you have most of the bugs worked out, am doing the same on the Adirondack H3 Crawler.  

Keep up the good work!

Orangeman
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:19pm
Photos of the work arena and this mornings sunrise:

And do not let the dry top coat fool you, there is mud well beneath the crust!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic