This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'61 ACC 30 Forklift Hydraulic Fluid & Couplings Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamrider01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '61 ACC 30 Forklift Hydraulic Fluid & Couplings Q
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:28am
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am in Raleigh, NC. I own a 1961 Allis-Chalmers ACC 30 forklift. Yep... but still going strong. It has hydraulic blade spreaders, which I really like when unloading tightly packed trailers.

At any rate, I loaned it to a friend for a couple of years. He returned it, and had replaced one of the hydraulic hoses. Well, he had someone do it for him. For one thing, the hose was incorrectly routed, and the external nylon mesh sheath is toast (see pic)  in one area due to friction. The steel weave is exposed, but I don't think it is leaking. Might be just cosmetic.

There system is leaking. I think the leak is at the quick-connect coupling. I need to replace part of the coupling (see picture). The crimped end part.

Q 1: Where could I find that part that will not charge like $35 for a $2 fitting?

Q 2: What type of hydraulic fluid do I need to refill the system? Capacity?

Q 3: How do I bleed the system once refilled?

Many thanx in advance for any information on the above.

M

Edited by dreamrider01 - 15 Aug 2015 at 9:43am
Sponsored Links

dreamrider01 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamrider01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:37am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamrider01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:37am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamrider01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:38am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:55am
The end is not part of coupling but looks like part of hose fitting for replaceable hose - where fitting is reusable (or was) that part is screwed into female side of hyd coupling . 
 replace the hose as it looks like standard hoses you can find at farm supply store or such or have made at Hyd Shop or NAPA. 
 As far as hyd fluid could us 10/30 motor oil, A&W Hyd oil or even universal tractor hyd fluid . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:08am
I can read PIONEER on the male coupler, those are Agricultural quick connects like for implements, check local farm supply stores.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamrider01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 1:33pm
Thanx, guys. I used Tractor Hydraulic I got at Walmart, $25 for 8 Qt.

I re-bored the fitting, and ground off about 5/16". I went hunting for a hose, anyway. Didn't find exactly what I needed. So... I duct-taped the sh*t out of the one I had, since the wire mesh was intact, and no stress leaks were evident.

I found out that the leak was in two parts: the quick-connect, and the a bulkhead fitting on the fork frame. I loaned it to a guy that was going to fix some things in exchange, as I wrote above. Well, the forklift garage did a really bad job on it. As I said, one of the hoses was incorrectly routed through the frame of the forks.

The quick-connect was just not setting right due to dirt in the coupling. That was easy...

The bulkhead coupling was a diff story. The repair garage put in what looked like a light load aluminum fitting. The thread on one side was toast for most of it. I found a "real" 5/8" bulkhead coupling online at Grainger.com. $5.39. Went by the store and picked it up, fit on my forklift... No mo' oil swimming pools in my warehouse. Smile

Now, I need to tackle a break job on my piece of %@#@$ Clark forklift... Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic