This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 Track Adjusters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 Track Adjusters
    Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 9:58pm
Installing these "custom made track adjusters for a friend, his own design...
Sponsored Links

donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:53am
All these tractors could do with an easy way of making hydraulic track adjusters, they were often an option but not used to keep the initial price down. unlike Cat who made them at least in NewZealand standard,

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:59am
A downside of FA 10's in this area

To do anything with the track adjuster is a major strip of the track frame.

But they do have overload valves on the cylinders - which none of the dozer fraternity around here have ever seen on anything else.

Edited by Ian Beale - 25 Jun 2015 at 3:00am
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:26pm
Here is the old post..
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:29pm
I like it
better than my rusted up d47u threads!!!!
HD3
Morten.have View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 4:15am
I have just made the same setup on a 16.

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 5:57am
I like these “upgrades”.
My 16 tracks were so loose when I bought it that I worried track would throw I’d driven. I had/have company original hydraulic adjusters. Both rams were frozen and when I finally got the to take grease, I had 100% blowby. Seals were shot.

Pulled them out, honed the cylinders and bought OEM original gaskets and repaired cracked adjuster rods. They both work great now but was a lot of work to get done. NOW I wish I just went the route of using new stock rams and welded up to the idler arms. Great idea that didn’t occur to me at the time.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic