This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isky cam specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:36am
Hey Mitch, the specs went with the cam OR you could do what I did and call them and ask the gring by the customer # engraved on the cam. I didnt like it for what I was doing and traded for an RPM cam, that is correct. The other was going to go in a new engine (not sure if I should now though) I guess I am really wondering if it works good on anything now.
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Sponsored Links

Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:48am
Back in 1983 I spent a considerable amount of time on improving small block Chevy valve train geometry working with a guy named Joe Lunati some of the time, and the only thing that really comes back to me about what he had to say was that there was only so much you can do with a cam, and most everything had been tried. Hence the reason for double cam setups with variable timing and variable ratio rockers and a few other things we now take for granted. Meanwhile Pank is still trying to sling BS and impress us with his knowledge of cams and induction systems with fuel injection. BTW, I would love to see a side view of that fuel injection system Mitch. And while the camera is out, grab a shot of the Gleason for us.
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:06pm
Yep Men Pankey isn't reinventing the wheel. Just repurposing a automotive can grind from across the pond into a tractor. Larry your cam you got from Pankey will work in a small ci low rpm engine . If you have over 310 ci 12.5.1 cr or better the Barney/Richardson cam that's bigger than a 175 cam like the isky grind you traded off works better. Then the hanky panky /isky grind works best for big engines with long stroke that needs duration without reversion
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:13pm
Oh Pank says that if any remember mike tarbills natpa winning 403 cube tractor .it had a comp cams grind at 290 advertised duration . remember it wouldn't lug it just ran and died but when it died it was past all others to win points championship .Ken pank says you should have worked with Harold brookshire he worked with grumpy Jenkins back when he was with general kinetics and had curtis Harris 396 turning 10200 plon a solid flat tappet b cam

Edited by mgburchard - 13 May 2015 at 3:30pm
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:11pm
Coulda woulda and shoulda, maybe he's right, but while I've been making a living in the performance world for over 30 years with a known reputation for building quality parts that perform, he's been carrying a dinner pail into the nuke plant. nuff said.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:24pm
Ya I remember that motor. Isn't that the winning engine you purchased and tried to improve it after which it made 5 middle of pack runs at brush pulls and then Ka-Boom!!!? Then there was the Tennesee Scud that mysteriously dissappeared, did it blow up when test fired? And nothing since except Internet blow.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Ya I remember that motor. Isn't that the winning engine you purchased and tried to improve it after which it made 5 middle of pack runs at brush pulls and then Ka-Boom!!!? Then there was the Tennesee Scud that mysteriously dissappeared, did it blow up when test fired? And nothing since except Internet blow.
nope tn stud is running well in Yankee doodle land
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

Coulda woulda and shoulda, maybe he's right, but while I've been making a living in the performance world for over 30 years with a known reputation for building quality parts that perform, he's been carrying a dinner pail into the nuke plant. nuff said.
all that time spent and no one knows your name ? What a shame
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

[/QUOTE] n
nope tn stud is running well in Yankee doodle land [/QUOTE]

That's good to hear.  I hope you can check out the National Gathering Of the Orange with it.  It's literally a few miles from me, really just a few 5 or 6 miles.

So I'll make a deal with you.  Bring the TN Scud, and that abomination of a fuel injection system on mightbearetard or mgbutard, buchard or whatever the name's tractor and take a trip.  I'll pay your expenses in green cash with these terms.  First off you have to do well at the pull with these two tractors, meaning you get in the top half of the class with them, that's right you'll have to beat some stock tractors with mis matched tires and a drawbar hanging at 16" (you're allowed 20").  You take the valve cover off and I throw a degree wheel on and check things out and verify those eronius cam specs you are posting, if the cams are of that spec.....

Rember to keep your reciepts for fuel, mileage, meals and lodging.  I'd be willing to bet that you can live better than you do in trailerhood, and you just may be able to do it on my dime if you're as smart as you think you are. 
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

nope tn stud is running well in Yankee doodle land

That's good to hear.  I hope you can check out the National Gathering Of the Orange with it.  It's literally a few miles from me, really just a few 5 or 6 miles.

So I'll make a deal with you.  Bring the TN Scud, and that abomination of a fuel injection system on mightbearetard or mgbutard, buchard or whatever the name's tractor and take a trip.  I'll pay your expenses in green cash with these terms.  First off you have to do well at the pull with these two tractors, meaning you get in the top half of the class with them, that's right you'll have to beat some stock tractors with mis matched tires and a drawbar hanging at 16" (you're allowed 20").  You take the valve cover off and I throw a degree wheel on and check things out and verify those eronius cam specs you are posting, if the cams are of that spec.....

Rember to keep your reciepts for fuel, mileage, meals and lodging.  I'd be willing to bet that you can live better than you do in trailerhood, and you just may be able to do it on my dime if you're as smart as you think you are. 
[/QUOTE] So your willing to pay the expense of three peoples to Wisconsin's including Pankeys some be hauling further than me and pank
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:41pm
I think we went through this last year about this time Marty, you and I both invited him  to Wisconsin, me to Road America, and you to a Pull, both on the same weekend, he was a no show, like the photo of the Gleason. I would be happy to see some evidence that he has actually achieved something, all we have seen is cobble bob photos of his work and an image of his Union card from the Nuke plant. He may feel sorry for me because "no  one knows my name" but once again, I'm doing OK at this for over 30 years and he still depends on the Utility company for a paycheck. 
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:42pm
You aren't good with basic math are you?  can you read?  Read it again, it's basic math. 1, the TN SCUD, and buchards tractor with the fuel injection.  That is 2 tractors, is that not clear to you?

In case you missed the regulations, you have to place above half the class.  If I dumb this down for you.  You must move the weight transfer sled further than half or 50% of the competitors.  You pull the valve cover and allow me to show you how to properly degree a camshaft and we'll map out the specs..... they have to be as eronious as the ones you have been posting.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:43pm
Ken, I only make safe bets.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:05pm
Glad to hear the Scud made it out of the shop Pank, customer engine explosions on the test stand are hard on the check book. Seems to me that wasnt realty a ground up build either but freshening up a Shipman built engine?

Pank, the names, faces and work in progress you would see at Ken's shop would cause you to have one big yellow wet spot under your shoes and a smelly drive home. 

Ken I hate to do this to ya buddy but I have to jump to Pank's defense a little bit. There was some evidence posted a few years back when he was pulling the modified tarbil engine. Ya dang near got that Farmal H Pank, maybe next time.
Outlaw 4000
1. Brandon Knight242.09WC Allis
2. Brian Tinch221.1177 Oliver
3. Lavon Spears192.06H Farmall
4. Mitch Pankey157.03WD Allis
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Glad to hear the Scud made it out of the shop Pank, customer engine explosions on the test stand are hard on the check book. Seems to me that wasnt realty a ground up build either but freshening up a Shipman built engine?

Pank, the names, faces and work in progress you would see at Ken's shop would cause you to have one big yellow wet spot under your shoes and a smelly drive home. 

Ken I hate to do this to ya buddy but I have to jump to Pank's defense a little bit. There was some evidence posted a few years back when he was pulling the modified tarbil engine. Ya dang near got that Farmal H Pank, maybe next time.
<table width="100%" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; : rgb255, 255, 255;"><t><tr><td>Outlaw 4000</td></tr><tr><td>1. Brandon Knight</td><td align="CENTER">242.09</td><td align="RIGHT">WC Allis</td></tr><tr><td>2. Brian Tinch</td><td align="CENTER">221.11</td><td align="RIGHT">77 Oliver</td></tr><tr><td>3. Lavon Spears</td><td align="CENTER">192.06</td><td align="RIGHT">H Farmall</td></tr><tr><td>4. Mitch Pankey</td><td align="CENTER">157.03</td><td align="RIGHT">WD Allis</td></tr></t></table>
butch your lies just keep getting bigger on Pankey pankey wasnt running the 403 tarbills engine it was a 310 with the cam Larry has . I don't recognize ken or butch did recognize lunatic

Edited by mgburchard - 13 May 2015 at 7:15pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:59am
ooops sorry about that Pank, I was going from memory. I dont misslead like some do,,,
 Was the 310 a purchased engine also? 
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:28am
You and your buddies wouldn't recognize me, we travel in way different circles. There is hope though, expressing admiration for Bill Jenkins is quite a step, considering that Bill was a Yankee, and just a year or so ago, Pank didn't believe anything good could be built north of the M/D line. 
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:46am
Wow my wd pulled more than 158 feet in 4000 and it was pure stock engine and mismatched rear tires
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:25am
Bill and Curtis were teammates . Still wonder why people like Brian Mitchell come all the way from Chicago to little ole Cleveland tn if you Ken have such automotive shop in Michigan

Edited by mgburchard - 14 May 2015 at 9:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic