This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$1200 did i do ok?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $1200 did i do ok?
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:40pm
Sponsored Links

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:47pm
Is that the "compact model" LOL! Looks like you may have gotten the pic. a little out of proportion when you reduced it.
Looks like you got an excellent deal.  I'm guessing it runs?
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:50pm
im new here yeah its all out of wack as far as proportion lol. but runs like a brand new one. might could use some help on the serial number
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:55pm
 Yes Jon you did  good,  that  is  the  short  wheel base  model  for  tight corners.      Tony
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:06pm
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:06pm
maybe thats a lil better?
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:08pm
Looks nice. Can't tell what it is cause of the distortion, but i'd say you did just fine for a D series. Some folks are giving that for Bs.  Are you having trouble locating the serial number, or just figuring out  the data? If you have them, post numbers on here. Someone will tell you anything you want to know.
I'm not really up on the D-series. I know a little about Bs and Cs(not much on those.LOL.)
You have come to the right place for answers though. Lots of folks on here have amazing knowledge of all things AC.
If your post gets down the list too far, just find it and post quick reply. It will "bump" back to the top. You will probably get more answers during the early evening hours than late nights.

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you here as a regular. Dream.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:10pm
Yeah! Much better! I was rambling on while you were putting it on.
Can you find the serial number?
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:11pm
AM-4765-6 does them numbers look anything like im needing?
CDR,Ky. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDR,Ky. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:13pm
Wow ,looks good.thats the kind of deal I'm looking for,good
find!
If you first don't succeed then you'se brute force!
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:13pm
I'm thinking its a D-15 series 2 oval exhaust, dry air filter , lights on the fender , and power crater i might be wrong
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:15pm
i believe serial number is on the left side of the torque tube flange where it bolts to the ending block. Should be D17xxxxx, etc.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:17pm
the only damaged part on the tractor dont know if someone took them off or just wear and tear hmmm . can they be found any where else?
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:23pm
Sounds like those numbers may be from the engine? Did you get them off of the block? If so, there are some on here that can tell you the approximate year the engine was made, might help to determine if original engine block.  Steve has it right. What you will be looking for will have the tractor model first. (mine is Cxxxxx, for example). Should be D-1????. I know the B, C, maybe CA had # on transmission, right in front of gear shifter. WD had it on the rear of the rear axle housing, just to the left of the diff. housing, if you are standing behind tractor. Get a wire brush or a small scraper and go after the torque tube flange. Should be stamped in if it's like the older stuff.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:28pm
I'm thinking you should look at the area that the tree is obscuring in the picture. If there are grinding marks, hammer or chisel marks obscuring the serial numbers, you may want to make sure it doesn't have a "fever".(little hot??)
If the serial numbers have been ground off, there is a way to bring them out. I know you've seen it done on CSI. They use some sort of acid. Google it. Be careful.
jon p. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon p. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:29pm
i dont think i was looking high enough on the tourqe tube
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:32pm
Should be  on side. Should be where you can see it without lying on your back or standing on your head.
Robert Mull Georgia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Mull Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:46am
Here is a link to Bryan Smith's serial number page where he has pictures of where the serial numbers are located.

http://people.clemson.edu/~wsmth/SNLocat/ACSN5.htm
Robert Mull Georgia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Mull Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic