This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 SHOW PREP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 SHOW PREP
    Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 10:26am
So, knowing that the HD5 needed to be washed before it could be seen at the Redwood Region Logging Show. (been sitting out in the dust and rain since the Steam show in Sept.) I polled the grand kids and everyone signed on. (9:30AM).  My wife says "you don't really expect those kids to wash that tractor?). I SAID  "trust me, if everyone has there own brush,mitt,soap bucket,sponge they'll have more soap bubbles on there in 15 minutes before they loose interest than we can wash off.   Worked perfect GOT 30 MINUTES!! and the photo op.   photo P3140050_zpsh68cxsdx.jpg
 photo P3140064_zps3duxbq2u.jpg
HOOCH, provides his normal supervision photo P3140070_zpszsiiravz.jpg
 photo P3140085_zpse5abt3ch.jpg
 photo P3140090_zpsgpdc20pi.jpg
 photo P3140093_zps5cweulbx.jpg
            PRICELESS!!          "THIS LITTLE TRACTOR STILL HAS LOTS OF MILES AND SMILES TO GO"      IT'S  SHOWTIME
Sponsored Links

ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 3:37pm
SHARP.............
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 10:24pm
mel did the hd6 come yellow or orange i know the latter one did dad even had one a goldish green that was factory paint
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 10:42pm
Mike, yes the HD6 in the background came orange originally. That particular one had been painted yellow when we got it. We repainted it orange 4 years ago and it really needs to be repainted with the better quality paint like we have used on the 5 and 15. But in the 1960s the construction equipment was painted yellow.
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 12:09am
Great looking collection.

Probably just me but AC construction and logging equipment was painted an orange closer to the HD-6.  Almost dusty but still great collection. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic