This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16hp cast iron carb leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16hp cast iron carb leak
    Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 6:10am
Took apart and cleaned the updraft carb but still leaks out the bottom. Not sure if float sticking or needle valve not seated? I am leaning more towards the float. Was running fine till almost ran out of gas and problems started with surging and stalling. Back fired once and then I decided to clean the carb. Figures, now have over 12" of snow with more coming and my snow pushing savior won't run.
Sponsored Links

irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:21am
You are correct that it is the float or the needle not closing. I check the tip of the needle and make sure you don't have any trash in the seat. I blow in the carb then lift the float and see if it stops air flow. After that check that the float is not sticking as it is moving in the bowl. That is what i usually find wrong. Other issues could be float level or a hole in the float if it did the float would have gas in it and sink. Also be careful with the seal on the bowl. The rubber can get rolled out of shape and cause it to leak.
B,C,CA,(2)WC's,(4)WD's,(2) WD45'S, 45Diesel, (2)D12'S Series 2, D12 Hiclear,(2)D12 Series 3, HD3, D17NF (3)D17 Series 4 Diesels, M-100 Grader,8550,A few Lawn tractors lots of other AC stuff    
mduggan9011 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:05am
I blew through the feed and no air went through the float leading me to believe it is ok. the main jet seems to be clear and clean. The bowl seems to have a rough texture to the surface. I am going to try to clean it better. I think the float is sticking as it doesn't have any gas in it..i.e. a hole. Getting good at taking off and putting back on..
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:17am
the nozzle that goes up thew the carb has to seat up in the body sometimes you can remove the nozzle we use anold nozzle with the threads removedto twist inthere and clean or resurface the seat then use part #4184 use one the tiny thin nylon washers on the nozzle  that is 95% of the two peice flo jet carb leaks prob. the other 4% is a  sinking float 1% needle and seat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic