Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GATHERING PONTIAC IL 2018 - Event Date: 30 Aug 2018 - 03 Sep 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IL D-Series + Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: GATHERING PONTIAC IL 2018
    Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:43am
  I want to extend a personal invitation to the Gathering Of The Orange in Pontiac Il August 30-September 3 .We are featuring D series tractors and any variations of  Allis plows. We are also attempting to collect 55 D-21s for there 55th Anniversary .I am very confident with conversations i have had with several of you people , I feel we can get closer to 100!!! If there is someone that needs hauling of a D-21 to our show ,i have a friend for a reasonable rate could help that to happen . Anyone with questions please text ,call or PM me . Thanks in advance , and with all of your participation ,I  hope we can make this a once in a lifetime event . THANK YOU !!! Rich 815-257-4874  PS !! We will have a pull sled here for fun that you to make the dirt and smoke fly !Wink More to follow !

Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:59pm
Looking forward to this Rich!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:39pm
Hello Rich Our D21 should be ready for your show and we will be hauling loads down to the show  the Dilg's
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:27am
Thought I'd move it to the top. If I get there on Thursday will there be a pimative campsite available? Can I stay in the trailer parking space?
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:42pm
there is always a place to camp by the tractors an by the swap meet campers. also good tractor pulling on fri' sat' an sunday night. will be pulling on fri; night itpa;
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:57am
We enjoyed that show some twenty years ago; first time we observed a steam traction engine pull.  Two of the four pullers pulled the entire track length. Also rode (in their special built trailer) reasonably close by a large moldboard plow pulled by steam traction engine; and to the east the state highway had become an impromptu parking lot for passerby motorists to also observe the plowing. And back to the west of their show grounds quite often would be a tractor operator along with granddaughter  or grandson 'putting along' enjoying the seldom opportunity of "driving Grandpa's tractor". Believe that was first time we exhibited our Allis G w/endloader.  All special memories. Herb(GA)
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:22pm
I know it's in Pontiac, IL, but what's the exact location of the show? I need an address or the name of the place it's being held.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

I know it's in Pontiac, IL, but what's the exact location of the show? I need an address or the name of the place it's being held.

Threshermen's Park
14975 E. 2200 North Road,
Pontiac, IL 61764
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:57pm
  Show's website:

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
ToddnwIl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddnwIl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm
I was looking on the website and can't seem to find if their will be any farm stock classes. Any info wood be great. Me and my brother would love to bring our 210 and 220 down to play.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:08pm
about all tractor pulling;; call' david-herz 219-616-2016 thats who will know about all classes pulling. each day of the show.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:02pm
My D grader will be there! thanks; ac fleet
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:21am
Originally posted by ToddnwIl ToddnwIl wrote:

I was looking on the website and can't seem to find if their will be any farm stock classes. Any info wood be great. Me and my brother would love to bring our 210 and 220 down to play.

Rich told me friday afternoon or evening is when everyone will get to hook their tractor to the sled just for fun. Not sure if it'll get broken down into different groups so the sled can somewhat match the tractors without constantly resetting the sled. Our too hot to farm ISP class and a few others too, pull Saturday night.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 1:30pm
Oh man didn't know about this, only about a 2 hour drive for me. Maybe I could make a day trip outta it. Can't get my two WDs up there but could enjoy a good gathering of orange!
Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Rich, we are really looking forward to meeting you with our serial number 4355 Series II D21.

For any of us traveling from the north on I-39, you may turn off at Minonk, Illinois and head east. In 1985, just north if the exit as you turn off I-39 and drive through Minonk, there was an Allis-Chalmers dealer along I-39 when 39 was a two lane highway......please see the dealer's name on my hat.

Edited by Randy_Larson - 25 Aug 2018 at 9:49pm
D10,D12,D14,15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D21,160,190, B1 w/sickle mower,Bumble Bee 10 w/ mower deck/cult./plow, B1/snowblower/sickle mower/mower deck,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 7:56am
Almost here! My 7040 is almost painted at the paint shop, then time to re-assemble. There will be many things I'll have to detail later, but it should make it!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:46am
Ed, post some pictures of the 7040 pulling if you can. I'd love to be there
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 11:38pm
all the pulls wear rain out tonight. rained very hard for a long time standing water' may not hook sat or sun.
210Postin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210Postin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 7:45pm
Great show Rich ,what a way to honor your Dad I know you put alot of time and money in this hats off to you .Been great working with you over the last six years.   Travis

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic