This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment -Knowledge Base
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil pan Gasket video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil pan Gasket video
    Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
It's finally done!
My son had a lot of commitments this summer, and I forgot to upload the video while he was gone last week. Anyway, here it is. He has about 20+ hours in editing it. Yes, it really does take that long. If you wish to contact him directly, I can get you his information.

http://youtu.be/9LWCMvO_Dis
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:35am
Thanks to all involved in making this!!!!!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 12:52pm
A BIG Thanks to Jim for getting the boys to make the video. They did a good job with all the editing all four classes into one class. I liked all the still shots they put in the right places.
I hope someone will get some help out of this video.
As far as how the classes went; I never been good at getting in front of people to talk about something but before all you guys that know me will say I can talk you butt off one on one, but put me in front of a crowd and I tend to lock up. lol
I did have fun doing this but at this time in my movie star life I think it might be best to just retire now before I get fired. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

beaud_250 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaud_250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 2:22pm
I pulled it up but couldn't get any sound. Is it just my phone?
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 3:57pm
Sound is garbled on my phone; would love to hear it though.
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 4:15pm
I just checked and the sound is OK on my computer.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 4:26pm
Same here. I am able to hear and see everything. I wonder if the quality is just too high for phones?
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 5:51pm
Looks  good & sound   great  on a real computer. TC
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 6:14pm
Don, you did great putting on the class in Lathrop and the video will be a BIG help to all those that couldn't attend. You would be correct your movie star life though. You're over qualified!
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:25pm
Thank you all for doing this!  I learned a lot and I'm sure others will too!  Good job!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:41pm
I have not had to do this, but I bookmarked the video, just in case.  Well done!
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 6:14pm
Must be worthy, it's been stikied
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 9:58pm
don.....you did a great job on the oil seal replacement.i detected the learned from experience exerpts in the video.you are right.....IF YOU ARE DOING A REPAIR DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.....j.w.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 11:04pm
This is fantastic. Hopefully there's more to come of videos like this! :)
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 7:30am
I had to laugh at myself yesterday for making this video. I'm overhauling a 226 in the shop and got to thinking about the video as I was installing the rear main seal, front cover and oil pan. I did the work in the shop on a real engine faster that I did in the video. LMAO   

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 9:01am
great job! I haven't been in the AC shop in over 20 years and had forgotten more than I thought. Pretty much what I was taught by the older mechanics at Peterson Implement.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
RonM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 11:20am
Great video & info.
I need to do this with engine in the tractor.
Any helpful hints on how to do that?
Can it be done without removing the front engine support on a WFE?

Thanks
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 1:37pm
Why not just take the engine out? It doesn't take all that long and you'll get a much better job. I've put one on with the engine still in frame and it wasn't easy and it wasn't long before it leaked.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
RonM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 4:43pm
I'm doing a restoration and just want to swap out a dented pan for a nicer one.
I don't need to do any engine work. 
Greg(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the great video, it is much easier to learn by watching something like this than just reading the instructions.  I would like to thank everyone involved and as I need parts in the future will be sure to support those involved with this.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 6:51pm
Like Lonn said, just pull the engine out; you will do the pan change with the engine out of the tractor in about the same time it will take you to change the pan in the tractor. I think that I said that in the class too. I have done the oil pan gaskets in the tractor before and will not do it again.

RonM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 11:43am
Thanks Don.
I guess that's what I wanted to know.

Now I have to decide if I want to pull the engine or live with a few dents in the pan.

Gut feeling is; live with the dents ( Ive seen worse on restos at shows).

But, I've never been one to rush into things, so I will mull it over before deciding.

Thanks again.

oldways View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 11:37pm
Thanks for the video! I agree hope to see more like it in the future.
1 Corinthians 1:18 1969-190xt-III. 1966 190xt gas. 1966 190xt Cab. 1948-G. 1937-WC unstyled. 1950-B. 1951-CA. 1966-D17-IV
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:34pm
So if I come back out of retirement what should I make a video about next?  

oldways View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:51pm
Everything that happens before you are ready to put on the oil pan. Haha
1 Corinthians 1:18 1969-190xt-III. 1966 190xt gas. 1966 190xt Cab. 1948-G. 1937-WC unstyled. 1950-B. 1951-CA. 1966-D17-IV
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

So if I come back out of retirement what should I make a video about next?  

Engine rebuilding?????

What machining needs to be done, sleeve removal & replacement, main and rod bearing replacement, valve work and reassembling an engine.

I a mthe guy that originally asked you to make a video of your presentation at GOTO. Again, I want to thank you and all that were involved in making the video!!!! I have learned a lot from this video!

Edited by WF owner - 21 Aug 2014 at 9:46am
Greenacres View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenacres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 9:51am
Don,
How about a carb rebuild video?
I also would like to thank you and all who contributed the pan gasket video- it was very well done and helpful!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 10:46am

Thanks Don for the effort you put into this. Thanks to Carlton and Corban for the video, stills and editing. Wish I would have know a few of these tricks about 7 year ago :)
 Oh and thanks Tony C for your part too!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 10:55am
I was gonna suggest Don do the brake pins on a WD, but then we wouldn't be able to have any audio.

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 11:12am
There are some videos on YouTube about rebuilding Marvel Schebler carbs.

Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa-PcyxY54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic