This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

something wrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNG Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: something wrong
    Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:41pm
is it just my computer or is anyone else having trouble getting on the farm equiptment side of the forum I never have a problem getting on the constuction side just the farm equiptment side any suggestions
Sponsored Links

Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:44pm
I  can't get on either, except by clicking on "new posts", and then navigation is soooo slooow. Bob
kj@junction View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kj@junction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm
me too kj
Larry Swenson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Swenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:09pm
doesn't work for us tonight, either
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:54pm
the new bad word choice when I am typing is what is bothering me , something new also?
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Northern View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

the new bad word choice when I am typing is what is bothering me , something new also?
Yes, the bad word choice in my last post is bothering me also!!!!!!!!!
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 2:21pm
Still a problem!!
mark/indiana View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark/indiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:22pm
Those other guys are getting on with new posts..but not me...Mark
mark/indiana..."My favorite Allis Tractor or Crawler is the one I'm sitting on at the time!!..
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:53pm
it is hit and miss when you use the new posts route but sometimes it is the only thing that works.   
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 3:46pm
My opinion from looking at the code is that it is a memory allocation issue when too many people are on the FarmEquipment forum. The software reads the posts from the database into an array, in order to format the page for viewing. It is my belief that the combination of number of users accessing the database for Farm Equipment, and the sheer number of posts on that forum, conspire to cause the allocated array storage to be exceeded.

The New Posts option works because the selection criteria generates a much smaller use of array storage.

Darin probably has to figure out how the database configuration allocates array storage requests and then see if it is possible to expand that storage. If it is a hardware limitation, then he would be faced with a decision on the expense of overcoming it. It might be as simple as adding more memory, or as expensive as buying a new server.

I did see an extension to the forum software that allows "donations" to be made via PayPal. To date, Darin has never accepted contributions for the forum, but I know several guys have expressed a willingness to go that route. I'm sure Darin has many things to consider before making such a decision, and I would expect that we should be gracious enough to allow him to manage his affairs as he see's fit.

I really appreciate everything he does by hosting this forum, and can only encourage all of you to shop at the online store, his merchandise and service are top-notch... That IS one way we can show our appreciation....  (I'm thinking it might be time for a new spring jacket for me....  :>)   )

Edited by GlenninPA - 26 Feb 2010 at 3:48pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:01pm
Spring jacket? Aren't you being a little optimistic with the weather we've been having? Maybe the moderator could start deleting OT posts on the Allis Farm Equipment page or move them to the varmints page to even things out.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:18pm
See  Ihad trouble today earlier in the poitical section getting a new message to post as well as editing a post I made. Said server memory error causing problem .
 So it isn't just the one section that has problems, those of us that use the construction , Varment , and political site also have problems getting things to post.
 face it Daren has had a great site and has made it even better and we complain about the free lunch .. LOL
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic