This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to lower the front of my wd-45 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:17pm
Make. Allis is the make, make would refer to AC,MH, JD, IH.. Model would be RC, WC. Rules say Make, not model.

Busted for lying again. Encourageing others to cheat is like lying about your shop. It comes natural for Mitch.

Sponsored Links

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:22pm
You Know, I've been reading this back and forth between Mitch and the rest and I suspect that many times he is yanking you guys chains. I at least get a big laugh out of it and it. Not trying to be a smart *** or cause everyone to get on my case, just an observation. Thanks. Leon
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:23pm
No again its how technical on a technicality of interpetation. .i can think of ten allis wcwd and wd45 with massey pedestal iacross the ole usa

Edited by mlpankey - 02 Apr 2013 at 8:38pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by LeonR2013 LeonR2013 wrote:

You Know, I've been reading this back and forth between Mitch and the rest and I suspect that many times he is yanking you guys chains. I at least get a big laugh out of it and it. Not trying to be a smart *** or cause everyone to get on my case, just an observation. Thanks. Leon

I enjoy yanking his chain. I'm not a smart man but this Pankey guy makes me feel like a rocket scientist.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm
yeap rod you can say your not a smart man especially at building and setting up allis wc,wd wd45 pulling tractors.
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm
Leon, this section of the forum is sure enough getting to be a hoot.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Breeze Breeze wrote:

yeap ole rod likes to say i dont know what i am talking about on here but he will be calling barney soon if he hasnt already to get the model that the massey pedestal comes from. he will probably even call doc. up to find out what it takes to roll the drops or at least look in the archives where doc was telling me years ago about it.

Edited by mlpankey - 02 Apr 2013 at 9:06pm
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Originally posted by Breeze Breeze wrote:

yeap ole rod likes to say i dont know what i am talking about but he will be calling barney soon to get the model that the massey pedestal comes from. he will probably even call doc. up to find out what it takes to roll the drops or at least look in the archives wher doc was telling me years ago about it.

Ya know what's sad... You openly admit to cheating and how it's the way to win yet you end up in the back of the pack and 100 feet short of the competition.  You cheat the rules and you still suck. At least if you are going to go to the extremes of cheating WIN for cripes sakes!!!   LOL. 

I think Butch said it best in a couple of posts above about being a winner without cheating. 
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:17pm
You know whats even sadder? He continues to get owned by a guy named ROD BENDER...no offense meant Rod. But with dankys rod issues in the block, and his Rod issues on here, well, I think its funny..again, no offense Rod.
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:50pm
Its pretty simple....taller rear tires if you can and like Gary said....Keep your weights low and your draw bar as short as rules allow and i have always done well.
Not sure how much the rake helps but was told by a few old timers that having the front weights low helps alot....Not going to get into the math of why it helps but makes good sence. So its up to you. i like the look but to small of tires doesnt look right to me.....

BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:07am
What is the bolt pattern on a wc/wd wheel? For when looking at aluminum wheels or something different.
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:22am
I was told it was 5x5....I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong....I could check tonight when I get home.
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Make. Allis is the make, make would refer to AC,MH, JD, IH.. Model would be RC, WC. Rules say Make, not model.

Busted for lying again. Encourageing others to cheat is like lying about your shop. It comes natural for Mitch.

mlpanky you sir are a
dumb sh
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:37am
Thanks when you pull against me and loose to me remember that. Its more insulting to you that way especially when the first thing i do is pass tech inspecrion before i ever hook somewhere new.

Edited by mlpankey - 03 Apr 2013 at 10:39am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 11:53am

Thanks when you pull against me and loose to me remember that. Its more insulting to you that way especially when the first thing i do is pass tech inspecrion before i ever hook somewhere new.

Before you beat anyone in a pull you need a functioning tractor, then you need one that is competitive. At least we won't have to worry about either with you.
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:22pm
It won't be hard to spot your tractor! It will be the one that has the massey front end duct taped to the front trying to pull the sled in reverse
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:23pm
My money's on Firephigt.  As long as he has some of his plug wires on the right cylinders and some gas in the tank he should get within 50 feet of the rest of the competition and that's closer than our VI can get.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by firephight firephight wrote:

It won't be hard to spot your tractor! It will be the one that has the massey front end duct taped to the front trying to pull the sled in reverse

So you've seen those awesome welding skillz too?  That awesome hitch and wheelie bar setup, the torched out rims, and lets not forget the chicken $#!t on the front pulley.  The plumbing is almost as good, but it's hard to mess copper lines to bad.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:48pm
Jacked up hardline really frosts my balls. That pretty much shows you have no skill or pride if you can't even get that right.

I like the look of the stock tractors too much to put really small tires up front.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Glockhead SWMI Glockhead SWMI wrote:

Jacked up hardline really frosts my balls. That pretty much shows you have no skill or pride if you can't even get that right.

I like the look of the stock tractors too much to put really small tires up front.

Hahah so true. It looks like he formed that hard line with a hammer on a tree stump. Can anyone tell me why he would put an oil cooler on one of these units anyhow?? His super mod pulling engine sure isn't pullin a plow for hrs on end, and one pull isn't going toget the oil to a temp that requires an added cooler... I guess that's the logic of an idiot, there is none.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 5:18am

So where will you be hooking? Where do you normally hook? When you going to come play in the real world? This fantasy land pulling is getting old. At least participate in the video pulloff. My heart is bad and I just might die laughing.

You couldn't take your tractor and win at a pedal pull.
trikesbikes@gmail.co View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikesbikes@gmail.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 1:28pm
Are they allowing you to pull in antique farm classes or
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikesbikes@gmail.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:24am
Can you tell me about rolling the drops thanks 👍
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 6:16pm
Changing the position of the final drives (rotating one hole to the rear) isn't allowed in any Antique classes UNLESS it is some sort of anything goes "OPEN" class. If one did that, 38 inch wheels would be a must to try to still keep the tractor level to nose down.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikesbikes@gmail.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 6:41pm
Thanks 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic