This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting rods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 8:15am
Oh, Mitch, you must have moved. You just stated that you live in reality, when a year or so ago, the bottom of your posts said that you " live in a fantasy world and something something about a ruler named compression". I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you moved to the reality neighbor hood. Because here in reality, no one is putting up with your crap! It's obvious by any post on any forum! ( I guess except the one where u had to use your wifes name)
Sponsored Links

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

It's odd that Buda rods are used in 15 hp per cylinder engines. You used them in a pulling engine and expected them to hold hopeing to make 200 hp with your airflow numbers. Yet you claim that 1cfm will make 2hp. That would mean your engines are poorly designed and that you don't know much about engines, airflow or the world in general.

By the looks of your crankshaft and balancing work that engine should have vibration hardened itself.

Explain how you work so hard to make junk when you claim to know so much and have nothing to show.

Explain why Murphys, G-Tool, R&R, and other rod manufacturers make rods from billet bar stock for the tractor pulling arena?

It's been 2 pages and no attempt to answer my questions spankey.

Connecting rod choices are the most important choices a builder can make in engine components. Their reputation rodes on the choices made.

Connecting rods are the most important
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:26am
Oh Andy,
spunkster moved to reality 2 days ago when he learned that the big end of the rod attaches to the crankshaft and the little end to the piston.  I can't say up or down, some engines are radial.  I can't say rotating and reciprocating, that depends on the state of your engine as sometimes the laws of physics.

I just can't wait to see his v-8 econo mod run....... I'm sure we all will this summer. 
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 12:52pm
You guys just jealous that our shop builds performance everything from chainsaws gocarts dirt track engine drag bikes drag cars pulling trucks and tractors
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 12:55pm
Ps you guys started the post now you realise youve cut your buddys buisness down by making people aware of connecting rods manufacturing and the falacies involved.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:02pm
Ok Mitch give me the # of your shop and I'll give them business if they are so good...
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:17pm
Yes pank, how bout a number , address and website? Im sure ill need your expertise on my 426!!!!!
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:20pm
Please post a location and I'll be by on Thursday. Going to Murfreesboro Tn. pull on Friday. Might stop by, take a few pictures and post them for all to see.
EricSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:21pm
Let's see if moneys no option I don't think I'll go to pankeys shop id be off to see rich lustik since I know him fairly well. And I have a hunch he's forgot more than some ever knew
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Ps you guys started the post now you realise youve cut your buddys buisness down by making people aware of connecting rods manufacturing and the falacies involved.

Wait, what?   

Speak English!!

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 3:21pm
Personally, you disagreeing with wi is the best business endorsement out there. It is not a business, it definately isn't hurting, and as far as success goes, i think wi could buy you, give you away, and never even know the difference.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 3:34pm
With results like this spankeys business is all boom!  For the new members some more of spankeys shop garbage cans with junk parts he was proud to post.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:34pm
when rpms exceed tensile strength thats what happens .423-242-8596  184 starlet circle cleveland tn 37323 and 727 reynolds bridge rd polk county tn 37307 .
you will never see rods stuff or wi stuff scrap cause it never gets past work in progress.
As for me when i give a warning theys usually pictures to back it up and you two can have the same pictures as me if you follow anyone but mine ken and dr. advice.

Edited by mlpankey - 27 Jan 2013 at 4:40pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm

when rpms exceed tensile strength thats what happens .423-242-8596  184 starlet circle cleveland tn 37323 and 727 reynolds bridge rd polk county tn 37307 .
you will never see rods stuff or wi stuff scrap cause it never gets past work in progress.

As for me when i give a warning theys usually pictures to back it up and you two can have the same pictures as me if you follow anyone but mine ken and dr. advice.

Tensile and your forementioned ti nsel is for Christmas trees.

When rpm's exceed a rods tensel strength they pull apart. When compression forces on the rod exceed the compression strength of the rod we see the above picture.

You really have no practical experience or knowledge to be trying to argue on this subject. Nor the ability to tell what failed and why it failed as you just proved.

A rod with the same compression strength will support more load when at a straighter angle. Meaning the identical rod will hold more compression force in an engine with a better rod to stroke ratio. With all that piston on top of the rod you could have used a longer rod to improve the strength of your engine. You had what, a 6" stroke? There's room to get a 1.4 RR in that engine rather than a 1.22 RR like you designed into it.

Sit back fella's and prepare to be astonished with our keyboard commando.......damn that guy is dumb.

Edited by wi50 - 27 Jan 2013 at 5:13pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

I knew there was a use for thick styrofoam....

So there was a head bangin GIF here yesterday??????????????

Now I suppose I let spanky in on the secret Big smile Pose it don't matter, ya can't fix brain damage as far as I know.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 28 Jan 2013 at 10:14am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:10pm

when rpms exceed tensile strength thats what happens .

This makes about as much sense as pickin your nose with your big toeConfused
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:10pm
maybe i have shops though so whos the dumbest.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:12pm
My wife shops a lot but she's still BlondeLOL
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:22pm

maybe i have shops though so whos the dumbest.

Saved. I'll let the others answer this one......

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:52pm
What's your shops phone number Pank??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by unstylish_ unstylish_ wrote:

What's your shops phone number Pank??

And location, Rod want's to stop by.. I can't wait to see some shop pictures, especially that crank welding machine. 
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 6:20pm
Eddies Auto Service  727 Reynolds Bridge Rd Benton TN (423) 338-8900

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 6:55pm
Thx Butch  Ive been at the "shop" all afternoon, and the phone internet is slow..lol
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 7:07pm
Ya knowl Pank, now that I am home re reading all this on my lap top, i must bring something to your attention..although Ken wrote an interesting few paragraphs about forged rods, I still dont think it gives any weight to your personal argument against Wi. secondly, even though I dont know ken personally, I know a few who do. Id be willing to go out on a limb and say that he thinks of you about like we do. Dumb enough to have Down syndrome, and have it so bad you probably have UP syndrome, LEFT syndrome and RIGHT syndrome, also!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Eddies Auto Service  727 Reynolds Bridge Rd Benton TN (423) 338-8900

yeap i own it the number i posted is a good number. Even my security system uses a cell phone so no land line to cut

Edited by mlpankey - 27 Jan 2013 at 9:08pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:22pm
Pankey, your moms babymaker was so busy you were born out of your mothers Arschloch.

Does anyone remember this little piece of prose by your's truly??

And since that forum won't hyperlink.. Copy and paste boys.

http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=544520&highlight=cam+specs

Edited by Ihateillinoisnazis - 28 Jan 2013 at 4:47pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm
What's that link? Can't get it to work.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

What's that link? Can't get it to work.

The other forum won't let me hyperlink it so you will have to copy and paste it the manual way. http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=544520&highlight=cam+specs
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:53pm
Maybe that one will work. Damn forum works about as good as a panky built engine...
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 10:19pm
ytmag search http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=544520&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cam+specshttp://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=544520&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cam+specs

I think I found it.....looks like someone's been pulling our chain. There's a difference in a machine shop and a masheen shoppe.

Edited by wi50 - 27 Jan 2013 at 10:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic