This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How light is your 190xt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How light is your 190xt?
    Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:58pm
Still looking to shed a few pounds off the ole 190xt. With a safe ammount of fuel and me on it it's at 8200. I've removed the 3 pt. and have pressed steel wheels on the back. I know it's a tall order, but I would like to be able to pull 7500 lb. I keep hearing about a 200 front bolster being lighter, but some people tell me that they weigh the same. Also, does anyone know what the PTO housing would weigh? Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links

HARVESTMOONPULLER View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARVESTMOONPULLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:16pm

Is it a full on puller or is this something that might be put back to work later. Itd be a tall order but without a doubt can easily be done. ours 8900 with cast centers and 3pt still on.

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:35pm

Take the whole front block out and make you a piece from C channel to replace it, to hold your front end on. Take the pto off and put a flat cover plate on, you wouldnt be far off.

IG

Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:24am
A late model 200 bolster is hollow and a lot lighter ,i got an early 190 down to 7100 i would think of removing the stock fuel tank and using an aluminum beer keg, removing the deck and fenders and using aluminum, stripping that much weight you have to becareful not to lose the nature balance of the tractor or you will spin out too early

Edited by DougG - 21 Aug 2012 at 5:33am
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:26pm
I can't use any aluminum and sheet metal/structure has to be stock appearing. I'm thinking some narrow 15 inch front wheels/tires might shed a few pounds vs my 10.00 16's that i have now also.
Relayman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:12pm
One method to remove some weight on the front is to cut off as much of the adjustable front king-pin as possible. Remove whatever amount goes into the axle beyond the mounting bolts.
Another method if you replace the 3 point and PTO housing with an aluminum plate. You can wedge some empty plastic jugs in the rear end housing and then spray foam around them to hold in place. This will displace several pounds of unneeded rear end oil. Make sure you don't have any of them rubbing on the ring gear as they will soon fill with oil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic